Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mortgage advisor qualifications

mortgage advisor qualifications

Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default mortgage advisor qualifications

hello

Another post from me, god this is well addictive but so informative.

I am a mortgage advisor in england and would like to do the same in Aus, what qualifaication will I need and can I do it in UK or wll I have to wait til I'm in australia?

I'm no sure anyone will know but any idea where to get this info from?

Thanks

Laura
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice
Default Re: mortgage advisor qualifications

Originally Posted by lawlaw
hello

I am a mortgage advisor in england and would like to do the same in Aus, what qualifaication will I need and can I do it in UK or wll I have to wait til I'm in australia?

Thanks

Laura

Hi!!

I am a mortgage advisor in Scotland and I have registered with Mortgage Industry Association of Australia (MIAA) This is similar to the CII or FSA of mortgages. www.miaa.com.au

You can start the mortgage exams online, as I have, It is a bit like the FPC1 multiple choice so far.

All the work books can be downloaded for a fee.

The other site I found was www.securities.edu.au This is more towards investments and stocks, full IFA qualifications.

As I moved from IFA work to mortgages I felt the miaa site was more useful.

It also means you can start working on it before you go!!

If you need any more info let me know!!

John
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

The Dillys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I was a qualified mtge advisor prior to leaving uk. Cemap etc is not fully recognised in Oz but may go to help give some assistance in obtaining a new qualification. I shall get some websites over the next couple of days and post on here so keep looking. They love qualifications and certificates here although I'm not sure if you need to be qualified to give mtge advice. Systems are very similar to UK.

I shall try to find out more soon

Cheers
Paul

Originally Posted by lawlaw
hello

Thanks

Laura
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:50 pm
ABCDiamond

I am not sure about this, but I think I read that here in QLD they do not need qualifications. I remember being very surprised when I read it, and intended to check it out, but haven't done yet.

Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:55 pm
ABCDiamond

Here is a quote from the QUEENSLAND Office of Fair Trading, government web site:

The Office of Fair Trading regularly receives complaints about finance brokers - those middle men helping people obtain loans such as mortgages and other forms of personal loan.

It is a big industry, and growing all the time.

Currently, there is no regulation of the industry here and no standards required of brokers.
but regulation as being looked at:
Discussions have already taken place via a working party with industry, including Finance Brokers Association of Australia, Mortgage Industry Association and the Professional Lenders Network Association of Australia, and consumer stakeholder groups.

The preferred option is for a full-blown licensing system which would include disciplinary procedures; possibly qualifications; dispute resolution; and a code of conduct.

Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Hi

Thanks to all who replied to this post, way more helpful than I could have imagined, karma going to all of you

Thanks

Laura
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aus4us
Hi!!

I am a mortgage advisor in Scotland and I have registered with Mortgage Industry Association of Australia (MIAA) This is similar to the CII or FSA of mortgages. www.miaa.com.au

You can start the mortgage exams online, as I have, It is a bit like the FPC1 multiple choice so far.

The other site I found was www.securities.edu.au This is more towards investments and stocks, full IFA qualifications.

John
Hi John

I have been looking at the site and am wondering which course you are taking?

I am fully CeMAP qualified here but have no done my FPC, what do you advise?

Thanks

Laura
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!!

John

There's also the FPAA - http://www.fpaa.asn.au

Jeremy
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
There's also the FPAA - http://www.fpaa.asn.au

Jeremy
Hi,

Can't seem to get this link to work!! Who is the FPAA?

Thanks

John
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Can't seem to get this link to work!! Who is the FPAA?

Thanks

John
It should read http://www.fpa.asn.au
Financial Planning Association of Australia.

Jeremy
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Thanks!!
Old May 6th 2005, 2:21 am
Just Joined

milo678 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy

I have been in oz one year we came on a temp 457 with my husbands job we have just be approved for pr and are so happy. I was a Mortgage advisor for a building society in London eg fully ce-maped , went to a interveiw for Wizard home loans and got the job all i need to do is the MIAA course which you can do on line, havent got round to doing this yet as i have been on a course for the last 2 weeks with Wizard, all you need to do is get accredited with each lender i have already done one with Keystart and am doing my GE one on monday, i could not beleive how easy it has been. Look on Wizard web site and you can apply for a job o n line so very easy.
All the best we love it here in Perth.
Old May 6th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by milo678
I have been in oz one year we came on a temp 457 with my husbands job we have just be approved for pr and are so happy. I was a Mortgage advisor for a building society in London eg fully ce-maped , went to a interveiw for Wizard home loans and got the job all i need to do is the MIAA course which you can do on line, havent got round to doing this yet as i have been on a course for the last 2 weeks with Wizard, all you need to do is get accredited with each lender i have already done one with Keystart and am doing my GE one on monday, i could not beleive how easy it has been. Look on Wizard web site and you can apply for a job o n line so very easy.
All the best we love it here in Perth.

Hi

Thanks so much for that, very reassuring to know, mind you weeks like I have just had put you off being an advisor lol.

I will check that site out definately.

thanks

Laura