Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mortgage advice, please!

Mortgage advice, please!

Old Jul 28th 2006, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

The Nices is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mortgage advice, please!

Seven weeks till we leave for NSW and we have just been told by our morgage company that they want all their money back as we will no longer be UK residents!!! We wanted to rent our house out and keep the original mortgage, but the man from Virgin says NO. Does anybody know a mortgage company that will lend to Brits living abroad? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mortgage advice, please!

Originally Posted by The Nices
Seven weeks till we leave for NSW and we have just been told by our morgage company that they want all their money back as we will no longer be UK residents!!! We wanted to rent our house out and keep the original mortgage, but the man from Virgin says NO. Does anybody know a mortgage company that will lend to Brits living abroad? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
Can't believe they would stop you having a loan because you live abroad, especially as i presume the rent on the property would cover the mortgage? Maybe look for a buy to rent mortgage and have the cuurent account that the rent goes into at the same lender. Try the Nationwide, they allow you to have a bank account and debit card if you live abroad and they will send statements abroad. they also have competitive rates..

Otherwise try HSBC, they advertise a they worlds local bank, ask them to prove it!

Good luck, i would also keep my house if i manage to migrate to Aus, especially as i don't fancy buying into the over inflated Perth housing market at the moment!

Cheers

Chris
Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

The Nices is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mortgage advice, please!

Thanks for your reply Chris. I will give them a try. Although the rental income will be double the mortgage repayments, as OH hasn't got a job offer in writing they are not interested. I can't believe how unhelpful they are as we have been with them for years. But that's business I suppose!