moree info needed please

moree info needed please

Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

markchambers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moree info needed please

Hi there,
I am hoping you can help me,
I have been offered a sponsored visa working for a company in Moree but would like some honest opinions on the town/area, as I think it might be a little too far out in the sticks.
Has anybody been there/know anyone there?
I have read on here that it is full of shellsuits!!!! not reasurring that!
Thanks

Mark
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moree info needed please

I have a friend who farms just outside of Moree and I have been there. She likes the area but grew up there and therefore knows everyone in town and in the surrounding district.

It's a typical NSW country town, population of the town is about 10,000 so a reasonable size. It has everything you need for day-to-day shopping but for larger stuff you'd need to travel to Tamworth or Dubbo. Few pubs there (aussie-style) but there's not that much in the way of cool cafes or restaurants, other than in the clubs. The community will be friendly - as it is to newcomers in most country towns.

There is a large aborginal community in and around Moree - and there have been associated problems on the odd occasion.

If you're used to smallish communities, can't get a visa any other way, then consider it for a couple of years. It certainly wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea....
Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

markchambers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moree info needed please

Thanks for the reply.

The sponsored visa came a bit out of the blue really.
I was looking to move out to Oz (or NZ) last year but decided that we couldn't really afford it at the time;however I had posted my CV on various websites (and forgot about it) then got a reply last week offering me this visa (should I pass the telephone interview).
So I'm just curious if it would be an easy move (and possibly cheaper).
I was thinking I could always apply for pr once I was there and settled.