Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bunbury or adelaide

bunbury or adelaide

Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default bunbury or adelaide

hi were in a dilema i realy fancy daleyellup eaton in bunbury but my husband has seen that adelaide you can get alot more for your money.were in a real dilema.I have met a family on the expats and feel that im drawn to daleyellup but hubby is panicking about money.I would realy appreciate your helpx
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: bunbury or adelaide

hello, we are going to bunbury, we have heard that it is really up and coming and apparently in 1o years time the average house price will be $1 million??? my mum went over there and brought us back the bunbury times and it was in there, so you might beable to make more money if you go there. dont panic though if you go to adelaide or vice versa you can always move if you dont like it??? good luck
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Originally Posted by jonjelly
hello, we are going to bunbury, we have heard that it is really up and coming and apparently in 1o years time the average house price will be $1 million??? my mum went over there and brought us back the bunbury times and it was in there, so you might beable to make more money if you go there. dont panic though if you go to adelaide or vice versa you can always move if you dont like it??? good luck
hi thank you for your reply what did you see as the average pricex
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough

hello i cant remeber now but if you go onto www.realestate.com.au you can have a search and compare prices for renting and buying. good luck
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jonjelly
hello i cant remeber now but if you go onto www.realestate.com.au you can have a search and compare prices for renting and buying. good luck
We live near Bunbury, Australind. there was a programme on the tv yesterday (can't remember which one), which is saying that this is the new up and coming area. there is a lot of wide open space, very near the beach and plenty of shops. Far enough away but also close enough to Perth (45 minutes). Take a look

http://walkabout.com.au/locations/WABunbury.shtml

Debs
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think you would be pushed to get to perth in 45 minutes(flying may be)
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Sorry, getting used to a new wireless keyboard and the 1 vanished.

Sorry 1 hour and 45 mins

Debs
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:31 am
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Can't comment on Bunbury but Adelaide is cool while still "unfashionable".

It's a bit like moving to UK and choosing to live in Brighton, Liverpool or Edinburgh - great cities / ports with everthing going but certainly not huge capital cities like Sydney or London but still plenty of potential to earn from property.

Actually maybe Edinburgh is fashionable. OK Hull then.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tony s
hi were in a dilema i realy fancy daleyellup eaton in bunbury but my husband has seen that adelaide you can get alot more for your money.were in a real dilema.I have met a family on the expats and feel that im drawn to daleyellup but hubby is panicking about money.I would realy appreciate your helpx
Checking Bunbury out in May.

Dave
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi we went out on a rekkie to Perth last year as that was where we had set our hearts on. I am a midwife and hubby is a nurse. We fell in love with Bunbury (we too liked Dalleyelllup) and met and stayed with some expats who lived there. So we get back to the UK and start looking at the finances and realised with hubby working full time and me part time the finances just didn't add up! That was with a reasonable amount of capital from sale of uk house Might have had to sell one small child - Now we are heading to Adelaide! And are very much looking forward to it. Bunbury is a beautiful place though

Lindsey
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:55 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tony s
Adelaides a city of 1.2 million, while Bunbury's population is 54,000.
Do you want to live in a Larger City like Adelaide or a smaller more rural place like Bunbury. Have you been to Adelaide before? Adelaides not that cheap compared to Bunbury good family house in decent suburb around $400,000 plus. Might be better job opportunities in Adelaide because much bigger place.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Umm. Dallyellup isnt in Eaton, it's the other side of Bunbury......

I am in Australind also, we love it here

Dont pick a place purely based on house prices, find out what the job opportunities are (the deciding factor for us was whether DH could get a job here) and other things.

House prices have dropped slightly in all areas round Bunbury and you can negotiate and pay less than asking price as there are so many on the market now, whereas a few months ago there were more buyers and houses were getting snapped up.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Adelaides a city of 1.2 million, while Bunbury's population is 54,000.
Do you want to live in a Larger City like Adelaide or a smaller more rural place like Bunbury. Have you been to Adelaide before? Adelaides not that cheap compared to Bunbury good family house in decent suburb around $400,000 plus. Might be better job opportunities in Adelaide because much bigger place.

I've just bought a 3 bed house, on a 911 meter block, with a solar heated swimming pool for $237k. It's in a nice area too

Depends on if you want a older house in an established suburb or a new house in a newer suburb. I've gone for the first one because there just isn't enough house/garden space in the newer developments for me.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

hi no what i meant is that were looking at eaton,dalleyellup,. australind.Looking on realestate etc these suberbs look alot more expensive than adelaide.As for the jobs as far as i can gather theres jobs at both.Dont want to get kids settled and realsie we cant afford the house that we want.The maximum i realy want to spend is 350.xx
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy
I've just bought a 3 bed house, on a 911 meter block, with a solar heated swimming pool for $237k. It's in a nice area too

Depends on if you want a older house in an established suburb or a new house in a newer suburb. I've gone for the first one because there just isn't enough house/garden space in the newer developments for me.
Hi wendy where did you buy xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.