Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

More Britons look for a better life Down Under

More Britons look for a better life Down Under

Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More Britons look for a better life Down Under

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Moderators, two questions:-

- Why hasn't this pr!ck been banned yet.

- Is there a stat of how many times the Daily Mail is mentioned in his posts?
What?!! That's completely out of order. His posts are well written and informed. Just 'cos you don't agree with them, well that's up to you, but last time I checked this was a forum, one that everyone is entitled to have a say in with their differing perspectives and opinions. If you can't handle that, well then maybe you're the prick that needs to be banned.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:24 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
What?!! That's completely out of order. His posts are well written and informed. Just 'cos you don't agree with them, well that's up to you, but last time I checked this was a forum, one that everyone is entitled to have a say in with their differing perspectives and opinions.
Totally agree - I haven't trawled through his previous posts but there is nothing in this thread that would warrant attention from mods!

And Daily Mail bashing is a prefectly legitimate pastime - keep up the good work!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:38 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Mike Stanton's been there and done it, got the T shirt. Sure he's a wind up merchant but good value. Pommie Bastard was the all time champion wind up merchant though. He was great.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

dave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to alldave_woodsy is a name known to all

Did someone say cheap (or affordable) housing ?

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...766590346.html
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_woodsy
Did someone say cheap (or affordable) housing ?

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...766590346.html
Shit happens.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Moderators, two questions:-

- Why hasn't this pr!ck been banned yet.

- Is there a stat of how many times the Daily Mail is mentioned in his posts?
1) No reason to ban him
2) A lot of other posters mention the DailyMail
2) Watch your language
Old Nov 13th 2007, 3:49 am
Just Joined

AngryAussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Shit happens.
I don't think you lot understand the gravity of this situation. When it does eventually come out that one of the major contributing factors to home ownership being beyond the reach of most Australians is cashed-up British expats who honest Johnny (RIP) opened the floodgates to, don't expect your average Aussie renter to be very welcoming.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 3:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngryAussie
I don't think you lot understand the gravity of this situation. When it does eventually come out that one of the major contributing factors to home ownership being beyond the reach of most Australians is cashed-up British expats who honest Johnny (RIP) opened the floodgates to, don't expect your average Aussie renter to be very welcoming.
Who cares. People need to deal with reality.
Cashed-up Poms are a minor cause of the housing boom anyway.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 3:58 am
Just Joined

We'll deal with it mate, don't worry.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

We'll deal with it mate, don't worry.
Party on Jack.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Bullshiit, I think you'll find a lot more is to do with offshore Asian investors, the booming mine industry, and the general health of the economy than any other reason.

From the people I talk to everyday, the new influx of UK migrants is seen as a welcome relief, particuarly as most assimilate immediately. Bit different to some of the refugees that take 2 generations before they get the idea that the whole world isn't out to get them.

Come back when you've matured a bit.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Bullshiit, I think you'll find a lot more is to do with offshore Asian investors, the booming mine industry, and the general health of the economy than any other reason.

From the people I talk to everyday, the new influx of UK migrants is seen as a welcome relief, particuarly as most assimilate immediately. Bit different to some of the refugees that take 2 generations before they get the idea that the whole world isn't out to get them.

Come back when you've matured a bit.
I think this is the reaction he wants OE.
Just ignore - I should have too.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I think this is the reaction he wants OE.
Just ignore - I should have too.
My message was more for new readers in the UK, just in case they thought any other Aussies felt this way, than this dickhead, your right he doesnt deserve my keystrokes.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:41 am
Just Joined

My message was more for new readers in the UK, just in case they thought any other Aussies felt this way, than this dickhead, your right he doesnt deserve my keystrokes.
Well dickhead is a bit rough. I'm guessing you don't know any real estate agents.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Actually some Aussies do feel this way.....in much the same way a lot of people who post on here feel about immigrants in the UK. Ever seen those bumper stickers that say "F*@k off we're full!" ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.