Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Money transfer via HIFX etc

Money transfer via HIFX etc

Old Jun 14th 2011, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of
Default Money transfer via HIFX etc

Can anyone tell me how long these usually take to hit an australian account?

Their website doesn't mention it but know there are a few on here who use them.

Would be hopefully paying using a UK debit card and the payment would be to a third party here in Aus.

Thanks for any help!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Windsor2 will become famous soon enoughWindsor2 will become famous soon enough
Post Re: Money transfer via HIFX etc

Normally expect the transfer to take between 1-4 working days depending on payment method, time of day etc.

Give us a call if you have any further questions.

Best regards

Mark Bodega
Director - HiFX.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: Money transfer via HIFX etc

i have transfered 4 - 5 times and it has normally taken 4 days start to finish

this is by bank transfer not debit card
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Windsor2
Normally expect the transfer to take between 1-4 working days depending on payment method, time of day etc.

Give us a call if you have any further questions.

Best regards

Mark Bodega
Director - HiFX.
Thanks for that Mark. Myself and the missus have registered. I need to make a payment quite quickly though so will have to just use my debit card. Cr@p rate of course. But will make a transfer anyway in the next few days.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Going Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to allGoing Kamping is a name known to all

We have been trying for over 2 weeks to set up an account with HiFX and it has been an absolute nightmare!!! We are desperate for the money as we need to buy a car and there has been problem after problem. I wish we had simply just transferred the money straight from our bank account as it would all have been done by now. We might have lost a little bit, but at least it would have been done.

Their website doesn't tell you what you need to know, it's not clear at all. If it was then we would have been sorted by now rather than still stuck with no money and HiFX now having to transfer our money back to us, which electronically should be instantaneous, yet they say will take 3 - 4 days. Rubbish!!!

Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Going Kamping
We have been trying for over 2 weeks to set up an account with HiFX and it has been an absolute nightmare!!! We are desperate for the money as we need to buy a car and there has been problem after problem. I wish we had simply just transferred the money straight from our bank account as it would all have been done by now. We might have lost a little bit, but at least it would have been done.

Their website doesn't tell you what you need to know, it's not clear at all. If it was then we would have been sorted by now rather than still stuck with no money and HiFX now having to transfer our money back to us, which electronically should be instantaneous, yet they say will take 3 - 4 days. Rubbish!!!

Never used them myself, I stick to tranzfers, but if you look a few posts higher up the thread there is a poster called Windsor2 who is a director of HIFX. Try contacting him.......
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steen1976
Thanks for that Mark. Myself and the missus have registered. I need to make a payment quite quickly though so will have to just use my debit card. Cr@p rate of course. But will make a transfer anyway in the next few days.
Hmm now find out the estate agent can't take card payments

Anyone know if you can walk into a bank here and draw a large sum of money ($6k) using a visa debit card from the UK? Or a forex booth?