Honking breath

Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Honking breath

Is it just my office or do an unusually high percentage of Australian residents have hallitosis problems?

It's not just Aussies, it's Brits, Filipinos, Indians, I could name 8-9 people out of 50 who regularly have absolutely stinking breath. It's got to the stage where I'm worried it's me, but either the missus is a good liar or I'm alright.

The mix of BO and breath is putting me to the test
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honking breath

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Is it just my office or do an unusually high percentage of Australian residents have hallitosis problems?

It's not just Aussies, it's Brits, Filipinos, Indians, I could name 8-9 people out of 50 who regularly have absolutely stinking breath. It's got to the stage where I'm worried it's me, but either the missus is a good liar or I'm alright.

You're not pregnant are you? Its just the sense of smell is often heightened during pregnancy...

And if you are I WANT TO SELL YOUR STORY TO THE TABLOIDS...
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777

I had thought about writing about this as well.

I have never met so many people with Hallitosis as I have in Australia.

I suspect it is due to the expense and poor quality of dentistry
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I had thought about writing about this as well.

I have never met so many people with Hallitosis as I have in Australia.

I suspect it is due to the expense and poor quality of dentistry
At least people go to the dentist in Australia. The UK population has the worst teeth I have ever seen. No wonder the Americans take the piss out of them for it all the time.

I suspect halitosis is much more comlex than just dental care as breath is exhaled from the lungs and merely passes through the mouth/nose. I also suspect halitosis can be caused by diet. My theory anyway.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
At least people go to the dentist in Australia.
Really?

I am sure many of the one toothed bogans I see around here don't trouble the dentist too often
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Really Dean? Another one of those stupid persisting but false stereotypes i think. And your media agrees that Australia has the worst teeth in the world...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...337390806.html
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Really Dean? Another one of those stupid persisting but false stereotypes i think. And your media agrees that Australia has the worst teeth in the world...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...337390806.html
The UK has improved in recent years.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

The Dentists over here, in my experience, are rip-off merchants. You go in and ask for a check-up and clean and the dentist takes a quick gander in your gob and 5 seconds scraping later presents you with a hefty bill.

At least in the uk they have proper dental hygienists at the actual practice that do a proper thorough clean - we always visited the hygienist as a matter of course. Haven't been able to find the equivalent over here.
As for UK teeth being awful - so far personally haven't had to have any teeth extracted or fillings done in 40 years of regular visits.

Last edited by AlliF; Jun 15th 2011 at 12:45 am.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

The Dentists over here, in my experience, are rip-off merchants. You go in and ask for a check-up and clean and the dentist takes a quick gander in your gob and 5 seconds scraping later presents you with a hefty bill.

At least in the uk they have proper dental hygienists at the actual practice that do a proper thorough clean - we always visited the hygienist as a matter of course. Haven't been able to find the equivalent over here.
As for UK teeth being awful - so far personally haven't had to have any teeth extracted or fillings done in 40 years of regular visits.
There are some around - http://www.dentalhygienist.net.au/.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I get me teeth cleaned 1-2 times a year. I have never had this work done by a dentist, only by a dental hygienist. There are loads of them out there - most dental surgeries have at least one.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
There are loads of them out there - most dental surgeries have at least one.

Hope this helps.
Must just be a melbourne thing then, cos the 4 dentists i've been to haven't, and when i asked them about it they looked at me like i had just grown an extra head!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Must just be a melbourne thing then, cos the 4 dentists i've been to haven't, and when i asked them about it they looked at me like i had just grown an extra head!
Melbourne is backward compared to Perth so I'm not surprised.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HelenTD
There are some around - http://www.dentalhygienist.net.au/.
Thanks Helen. Looking at that there are only 7 listed in the whole of Melbourne though. (and google yielded similar results) So, 7 for 3million+ people - I reckon they must be a bit busy!!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Melbourne is backward compared to Perth so I'm not surprised.
Yeah Perth is known as the vanguard of the dentistry world i'm sure..
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Helen. Looking at that there are only 7 listed in the whole of Melbourne though. (and google yielded similar results) So, 7 for 3million+ people - I reckon they must be a bit busy!!
When I go to the dentist, he does all the prodding around, and heavy scraping with sharp instruments, if there is any to be done...and someone else does the general cleaning / polishing. However I'm sure the practice doesn't advertise having a hygienist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.