Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Money transfer question

Money transfer question

Old Apr 19th 2014, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

bibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nice
Default Money transfer question

Hi, does anyone know how my mum can transfer money from her bank in Uk, to my bank here (NAB ) . . She usually visits regularly and leaves money , for birthday presents for us n the kids, when she leaves. They are unable to visit for a while , so she was hoping to transfer money. Not keen on sending cash in the post really.
Thanks.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money transfer question

She could ask her bank to transfer it. Or she could use a broker like Ukforex /Ozforex.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

bibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
She could ask her bank to transfer it. Or she could use a broker like Ukforex /Ozforex.
Ok Thank you very much . She hadn't thought of just asking her bank , that would be the simplest way. I think she thought it would be a problem for them, but I suppose most major banks do that.

Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2014, 12:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bibblybobbly
Ok Thank you very much . She hadn't thought of just asking her bank , that would be the simplest way. I think she thought it would be a problem for them, but I suppose most major banks do that.

Thanks
Most banks will do an international transfer, but check out their charges first. Alternatively try www.tranzfers.co.uk might be cheaper.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Most banks will do an international transfer, but check out their charges first. Alternatively try www.tranzfers.co.uk might be cheaper.
Second vote for tranzfers. I am an Aussie who has lived in UK for coming up for 14 years and after a few false expensive starts with various banks, find Tranzfers to be the quickest and usually a better rate than the banks. It takes 1-2 days for the money to appear in my Aussie account. Not affiliated, just passing on personal experience.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Thank you both, I will , I think tell her to try them . Im reckoning with the amount that she sends us, the bank may charge a lot. NAB say they charge $20 fee if she was to send me a cheque., so will def give them a go
Old Apr 20th 2014, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bibblybobbly
Thank you both, I will , I think tell her to try them . Im reckoning with the amount that she sends us, the bank may charge a lot. NAB say they charge $20 fee if she was to send me a cheque., so will def give them a go
£7 for tranzfers and as mentioned takes 1-2 days, make take slightly longer on first set up, can't recall it's been about 8 years since I first used them