Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Modifications to ICT occupations on the MODL

Modifications to ICT occupations on the MODL

Old Sep 27th 2002, 6:51 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Modifications to ICT occupations on the MODL

DIMIA announces a new MODL sans most ICT occupations.

The press release:
http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media_releases/media02/r02088.htm

The new MODL due to take effect soon (date yet to be set):
http://www.dima.gov.au/allforms/modl_1002.htm

(Note that MODL bonus points are awarded at the time of assessment, based on the MODL at the time of assessment)

Peter
Old Sep 27th 2002, 7:20 am
Just Joined

thieg is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Modifications to ICT occupations on the MODL

Originally posted by ptlabs:
DIMIA announces a new MODL sans most ICT occupations.

The press release:
http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/medi...a02/r02088.htm

The new MODL due to take effect soon (date yet to be set):
http://www.dima.gov.au/allforms/modl_1002.htm

(Note that MODL bonus points are awarded at the time of assessment, based on the MODL at the time of assessment)

Peter
Hi, What do you mean by "MODL bonus points are awarded at the time of assessment". My application was received on August 19 with a position on the MODL. I am not anymore on the MODL. Will I receive my 5 extra points anyway?

Thanks all

Thieg
Old Sep 27th 2002, 7:35 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Modifications to ICT occupations on the MODL

Originally posted by thieg:

Hi, What do you mean by "MODL bonus points are awarded at the time of assessment". My application was received on August 19 with a position on the MODL. I am not anymore on the MODL. Will I receive my 5 extra points anyway?

Thanks all

Thieg
Unfortunately, no - unless your application was assessed before the MODL changes were announced (unlikely, given current timeframes for processing.)
Old Sep 27th 2002, 7:44 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by thieg:
What do you mean by "MODL bonus points are awarded at the time of assessment". My application was received on August 19 with a position on the MODL. I am not anymore on the MODL. Will I receive my 5 extra points anyway?
If your application is assessed after the new MODL kicks in (with your occupation no longer on the MODL), you will not be given the 5 extra points. This is what's meant by "awarded at the time of assessment". MODL points cannot be "locked in" by applying early, because they are awarded when your DIMIA case officer assesses your application, based on the current MODL of the time of assessment.

Peter
Old Sep 27th 2002, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

tanderra will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ptlabs:

If your application is assessed after the new MODL kicks in (with your occupation no longer on the MODL), you will not be given the 5 extra points. This is what's meant by "awarded at the time of assessment". MODL points cannot be "locked in" by applying early, because they are awarded when your DIMIA case officer assesses your application, based on the current MODL of the time of assessment.

Peter
Anybody know another site I can go on to check the changes to the MODL. The government site is down. Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2002, 11:10 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be putting up details on the Go Matilda site soon ...
http://www.gomatilda.com

Best regards.

Originally posted by tanderra:

Anybody know another site I can go on to check the changes to the MODL. The government site is down. Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2002, 4:04 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by tanderra:
What a time for the official DIMIA website to go off-line. As the weekend's here, it'll probably be Monday before anyone notices and brings it back online.

Anyway, check out GoMatilda.com when the MODL announcement is carried there, as Alan's pointed out.

All in all, only 5 ICT specializations remain on the MODL, down from 12 presently.

Peter