Mobile phones?

Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:21 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mobile phones?

Hi All
I have two Pre-pay mobile phones,can i take them with me? Is it worth it or are they going to be of no use to me?
Is it just a matter of re-registering or getting new sim cards?
They are O2 & Orange networks.
Thanx,
Donna.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

Donna,

It depends on what model the phones are and which gsm networks they are compatable (spelling??) with. It might be a wise idea trying to get them unblocked from the current service provider (assuming they are blocked, most prepay phones are nowadays), this will enable them to work with most if not all the networks in Oz.

From what I've read, most dual banded mobiles that are unblocked will be fine.

Simon.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:26 am
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mobile phones?

Originally posted by madsad
Hi All
I have two Pre-pay mobile phones,can i take them with me? Is it worth it or are they going to be of no use to me?
Thanx,
Donna.
Hi Donna,

We have 3 mobile on pay as you go.

I spoke to Virgin and Vodaphone, apparently if you can put another sim card in your phone and it works, then your phone is unblocked and will work on any network all you have to do is buy another sim card over in Oz to use.

I hope this is right as we plan to take all 3 of ours over

See ya Christine

I
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

U would need to get a new sim card ...pay as u go over here too

Vodafone/Virgin /Optus etc..

Costs no more than 50 bucks and u get 30 dollars of credit in that price.

The phones may need to be unlocked..some are already...so for small fee 20bucks someone will do it.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
Thanx,
Donna.
we brought 3 phones over, all we had to do was buy new sims
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by soapy
we brought 3 phones over, all we had to do was buy new sims
oops, about $30 each
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:29 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
Thanx,
Donna.
Hi Donna

I have a contract phone but is a work phone which I will have to give up soon as am leaving.

I was wondering thou do you have an idea if pay as you go phones are cheaper to buy here and take over to Oz or buy there?

Anyone else got an idea?

Walla
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:38 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Donna

I have a contract phone but is a work phone which I will have to give up soon as am leaving.

I was wondering thou do you have an idea if pay as you go phones are cheaper to buy here and take over to Oz or buy there?

Anyone else got an idea?

Walla
Hi Walla,
Pay&go mobiles are pretty cheap here,but depends on wot u want from it?
Dont know about cost in Oz though,but if you do buy one here then adding the cost of getting it unblocked or buying a new sim,you would probably be best holding off till u get there?
Donna.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

The other alternative is to ask Uncle EBAY and see what you can get on there. There is an abundance of unblocked phones available on there.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:41 am
Master of verbal pish©

my son opted for a pre owned one here. he claimed that the choice was poor and very expensive to get a good phone.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:42 am

Originally posted by asfry
Donna,

It depends on what model the phones are and which gsm networks they are compatable (spelling??) with. It might be a wise idea trying to get them unblocked from the current service provider (assuming they are blocked, most prepay phones are nowadays), this will enable them to work with most if not all the networks in Oz.

From what I've read, most dual banded mobiles that are unblocked will be fine.

Simon.
They are both blocked!,so would i get them unblocked here or wait till i get to Oz?
Donna.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:47 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Talkin of E Bay, has anyone seen the new Aussie version.

http://www.free-bay.com.au/
Old Jul 9th 2004, 7:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

They are both blocked!,so would i get them unblocked here or wait till i get to Oz?
Donna.
it would depent if u could still use it in the uk unblocked. if not get it done here, that way u can use the phone until u get here.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Ask arround Donna, everyone knows someone who knows someone else etc.. who can get phones unblocked. It can cost as little as a fiver.

It depends on the phone aswell. Nokias are the easiest to unblock I hear.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 8:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

Donna.
it only cost about a fiver at the barras i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.