Moaning Brits

Old Aug 21st 2004, 12:51 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Moaning Brits

Why is it that you guys who are lucky enough to be over there in OZ find the constant need to moan? I thought the purpose of going over their was to enjoy the life - of course there are things you are going to miss but if you want it like is here in sunny england then come back!!!!! you can have all your things back - including the weather.
I am english through and through however I know that there are things I am going to miss but you just adjust, that life!!!
I moan all the time about foreigners coming here and taking the p##s, thinking they can turn it into there own part of kazikstan or where ever. I hope (fingers crossed) to go to Oz and become an adopted Aussie - I am english and always will be, but if you want to live in another country then you have got to live as they do - to do otherwise is ignorant, you might as well be an asylum seeker and just think everything should revolve around you as though the country owes you something.

Live it, Like it and enjoy!!! some people may not get that opportunity.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 12:59 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Moaning Brits

Hi frogboy

I think the majority of brits over here are actually enjoying themselves, but elsewhere, not on this forum

How long have you got before you get over here ?

Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:02 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

I am still at the early stages - trade assessment!!! How about you?
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:05 am
Here At Last!!

sorry forget the last bit I see you are already over there.
Are you enjoying it, or is the weather too hot, the sheep to white, the ocean too wet?
How long have you been over there?
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:06 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frogboy
Why is it that you guys who are lucky enough to be over there in OZ find the constant need to moan? I thought the purpose of going over their was to enjoy the life - of course there are things you are going to miss but if you want it like is here in sunny england then come back!!!!! you can have all your things back - including the weather.
I am english through and through however I know that there are things I am going to miss but you just adjust, that life!!!
I moan all the time about foreigners coming here and taking the p##s, thinking they can turn it into there own part of kazikstan or where ever. I hope (fingers crossed) to go to Oz and become an adopted Aussie - I am english and always will be, but if you want to live in another country then you have got to live as they do - to do otherwise is ignorant, you might as well be an asylum seeker and just think everything should revolve around you as though the country owes you something.

Live it, Like it and enjoy!!! some people may not get that opportunity.
You moan about foreigners going to your country so you decide to become and immigrant.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:10 am
Here At Last!!

the difference is I plan on bringing something to the country and becoming an Aussie - I dont intend on coming and building a Mosque next door to you and turning your garden into a shrine - unless you want me too!!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:15 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

the difference is I plan on bringing something to the country and becoming an Aussie - I dont intend on coming and building a Mosque next door to you and turning your garden into a shrine - unless you want me too!!!!!
Has someone built a shrine in your garden? Same issues here.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:20 am
Here At Last!!

no I was only joking, however it wont be long until they do - they will probably take me to court saying it is a breach of their rights that they cannot turn my garden into a shrine - and the courts will pass it!!!! I will probably have to serve them drinks as part of my obligation to the community!!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:23 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Hi frogboy

I think the majority of brits over here are actually enjoying themselves, but elsewhere, not on this forum

How long have you got before you get over here ?
I agree with you there Mr ABC. If you stick around the forum long enough you see so many prolific posters that just disappear either completely or to pop up very occasionaly once they arrive here. They're happy elsewhere

As for the "constant need to moan" It's not utopia here just the same sh*t new bucket. When you've been here a while you'll cease to think that the fact it doesn't rain for months is a good thing. Either because your buying water at $100 for 2500 gallons or because your back yards on fire as it's a tinder box waiting to go up. You'll also wonder why you ever thought you paid too much tax in the U.K. You'll stop thinking fuel's cheap when your driving 3 times the distance.
I could go on and on ..........................................
I think my points are valid some will think I'm a whinger.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:30 am
Here At Last!!

cresta57 - is that the norm about paying so much for water or is it that you live in the middle of knowhere? I would be interested to know the real moans - i.e. taxes, cost of things etc. Not just the cosmetic things like weather, insects etc
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:34 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by cresta57
Either because your buying water at $100 for 2500 gallons or because your back yards on fire as it's a tinder box waiting to go up. You'll also wonder why you ever thought you paid too much tax in the U.K. You'll stop thinking fuel's cheap when your driving 3 times the distance.
I could go on and on ..........................................
I think my points are valid some will think I'm a whinger.
I really do feel for you in your area with water at that price, I also feel for the poor Sydneysiders with their water restrictions.

Sometimes I think we are just lucky in our part of Queensland, without water problems, except for when the water treatment plant burnt down, and we were asked to reduce our consumption for a couple of days while they built another.

When we chose our area to live, we decided against the areas that were more prone to fire, so that we didn't have to worry much about the effects of fire following a long dry spell.

We also chose an area where we didn't have to drive far for work, or to get to the water.

Second thoughts, it wasn't luck.... it was planning

Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:40 am
Here At Last!!

so ABC where do you live? I know I am at the early stages of the immigration business - but I thought about living in Brighton, Manly - somewhere near the coast in Brisbane. I haven't looked too much into this for obvious reasons - but I am sure someone will tell me that that I have picked the wrong spot - i.e. old grannys robbing your house at night posing as nuns or something
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:44 am
ABCDiamond

Frogboy

Our actual annual water costs in our area are:

Water access - $176.00
Water Consumption - $188.00
Sewerage - $424.00

Council rates and water combined, for us came to $ 1,704 for the last year.

We live in the Redlands, just down from Manly. Nice in area in my opinion Although who knows what it will be like in the future ? They are actually looking into making our local Police Station into a 24 hour one !

Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:46 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

cresta57 - is that the norm about paying so much for water or is it that you live in the middle of knowhere? I would be interested to know the real moans - i.e. taxes, cost of things etc. Not just the cosmetic things like weather, insects etc
We live less than 10 mins drive from the "city" of Gympie. I don't consider that the middle of nowhere [some would] . We collect our rain water as do a lot of Australian properties. [no I don't know what %]You don't need to live far out of town to be on "tank water"
I'm quite happy to answer specific questions. Though most topics have been re-run many times previously. ie will my tv work? will my phone work? etc I'd advise a search of the forums for those type of questions.
I can assure you though that once your here you see things a lot differently :scared:
My other half posted only this morning how much she misses her unsmoked bacon, it's little thing's like that that add up and can make you terribly maaaddd .
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:50 am
Here At Last!!

$ 1,704 thats not that bad it costs me £800+ for council rates and thats for a small house, put on water rates (p#'$%&*g hell like we are short of water!!!)and thats probably £1000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.