Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

missin police check

missin police check

Old Mar 26th 2004, 10:29 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy missin police check

Any Advice.......

Our agent sent Andy's police check off on the 2nd March.....along with some of their other clients documents (mine and Lauren's were sent a few days b4.....and have been received)

An acknowledgment for this police check was received on the 6th March...... On the 22nd March I receive an email aking for Andy's pc..... as that is all they r waiting on.....

We rung Addy to tell them that it had been sent and gave the dates/ details........ they say NO!! ....We have not received it .....speak to ure agent....

Agent has written to CO telling her that it was sent and all the details...... still no reply.....

Last nite we rung Addy to see if it had turned up......No!..... speak to agent...

We are just hitting a brick wall.....

Agent fed up ov us contacting her with the same issue....even asked us if we wanted to work with Addy direct....

Which we don't...... we just want reasurance its got there.....as neither seem to want to take reponsibility......

The timefame for the visa is not an issue....... but we only have till the 4th ov May to get all info to the CO.... we r both so stressed at the momment......we have applied for a new police check.....just in case..... but this can take upto 40 day....plus postage

Sorry.....just havin a moan!!!!!!

love boomie
xx xxxx
Old Mar 26th 2004, 10:36 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Wont take 40 days comes a lot quicker than that .... dont you just hate chasing people for answers, I am having the same trouble with our lawyers regarding our house purchase ... makes you
Old Mar 26th 2004, 10:52 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: missin police check

Hiya Boomie,

I had a friend at work (I had one once ) who was in the process of appliing for his visa, when they tod him they could no longer find his mediclas.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

He phoned his agent and went quite mad, snouldering quietly because he had handed in his notice and his new employer was waiting for him.

Eventually his medicals were found, but after he & his partner had taken new medicals & sent them off.

He didn't think it was fun. I think he could have killed someone

:scared:

My advice would be to send off for another police check and if the original doesn't turn up you can send it to them.
Remember it will be worth it in the end.

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:00 am
owieb

Originally posted by Boomie
Any Advice.......

Our agent sent Andy's police check off on the 2nd March.....along with some of their other clients documents (mine and Lauren's were sent a few days b4.....and have been received)

An acknowledgment for this police check was received on the 6th March...... On the 22nd March I receive an email aking for Andy's pc..... as that is all they r waiting on.....

We rung Addy to tell them that it had been sent and gave the dates/ details........ they say NO!! ....We have not received it .....speak to ure agent....

Agent has written to CO telling her that it was sent and all the details...... still no reply.....

Last nite we rung Addy to see if it had turned up......No!..... speak to agent...

Agent fed up ov us contacting her with the same issue....even asked us if we wanted to work with Addy direct....

Which we don't...... we just want reasurance its got there.....as neither seem to want to take reponsibility......

The timefame for the visa is not an issue....... but we only have till the 4th ov May to get all info to the CO.... we r both so stressed at the momment......we have applied for a new police check.....just in case..... but this can take upto 40 day....plus postage

love boomie
xx xxxx
All you do is explain to Adelaide what's happend and tell them that you've requested a new police check; it takes 40 days to come, so you will send it ASAP.

A similar thing happend to me. We were only given 30 days to get all the stuff to Adelaide. We got our medicals done and sent those off with a note explaining that police checks would take 40 days. We got my wifes check really quickly and sent that off, but it took 2 months to get mine as Scotland Yard kept sending it to the wrong address!

It meant we missed the end of year push for visas, but like you have said, you're not in any rush to get your visas, so there shouldn't be a problem if it takes a few more months.

And rather than ring them, why not send them a fax, then they have a written copy of what is happening?

Last edited by owieb; Mar 26th 2004 at 11:24 am.

Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Chin up Boomie.

Presumably you are paying your agent a fortune?

Get him/her to do the worrying for you
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:33 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

If the information sent was via registered post then they will have a copy of receiving it. In this case this number can be given to the CO as well as asking for an extension in light of having to obtain another PC. The new PC will not take 40 days though. Give it two weeks and ring them up to ask where it is. I did this because Rob got his and 3 weeks later mine hadn't appeared. Rang them up and got it the next day. Paranoid as it may seem but is your agent sure they put it in with the other documents? Just seems odd that only this one seems to have gone 'missing' and now they're getting a bit narky.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:41 am

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by rob&lucy
If the information sent was via registered post then they will have a copy of receiving it. In this case this number can be given to the CO as well as asking for an extension in light of having to obtain another PC. The new PC will not take 40 days though. Give it two weeks and ring them up to ask where it is. I did this because Rob got his and 3 weeks later mine hadn't appeared. Rang them up and got it the next day. Paranoid as it may seem but is your agent sure they put it in with the other documents? Just seems odd that only this one seems to have gone 'missing' and now they're getting a bit narky.

I dunno...... they say they have sent it...... they r experienced people...... you have to trust them.......

they sent mine and lauren's off 5 days earlier along with all the other extra info we had to find....... why did they not wait for andy's? I do not know!!!!!!

they say they have had correspondance ack all the documents which were in the same envelope......

just have to stick with it.......

scotland yard should have the request for another police check by now....... will have to hold tight and wait........

anyone have to correct addy to address it when it comes....... gonna mark it urgent and addressed to case officer.......

and also why service am i best using to ensure its safe arival.......with tracking if poss

thanx everyone

love mizz hog

xxxxxxxx
Old Mar 26th 2004, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

they say they have had correspondance ack all the documents which were in the same envelope......
I think you said Andy's PC went with documents for other clients? not more papers of yours?

Odds-on Andy's PC has got tucked inside someone else's paperwork, but how you get agent to check or even more difficult, get Case Officer to check, I don't know

Hope you get duplicates through, maybe if you explained only a copy of what they have already provided you, surely police keep a record too.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 1:39 pm

Originally posted by Ailsa
I think you said Andy's PC went with documents for other clients? not more papers of yours?

Odds-on Andy's PC has got tucked inside someone else's paperwork, but how you get agent to check or even more difficult, get Case Officer to check, I don't know

Hope you get duplicates through, maybe if you explained only a copy of what they have already provided you, surely police keep a record too.

exactly what andy and i have been sayin...... we can't take that chance.......

please check my thread..... boomie tells lies!!!!!!!

love lisa
xxxx
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:07 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Boomie
Any Advice.......

love boomie
xx xxxx
Hi boomie,
Know how you feel, my original check went missing, so a copy was sent by NSY to my solicitors (haven't got one)in Canada(????). Having realized i needed it sent to my home address NSY then sent out a second copy, 2 days later the original check and the copy from Canada turned up on my doormat. But where was the second copy???????
Twilight Zone me thinks

Arron.