Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Minor question about tv programs available in Oz?

Minor question about tv programs available in Oz?

Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Butterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to all
Default Minor question about tv programs available in Oz?

I've succumbed to being brow beaten by my sons as it's not really on my top 10 (or 100) list of need to know

Could someone please tell me if Vampire Diaries is aired on tv in Australia, if so is it on like freeview tv or Foxtel ?
They appear undeterred by the thought of leaving friends and family behind, whats worrying them is not catching up with this program.
You'd think it was a matter of life and death, so even if it would only be merely to save my sanity I'd be interested in anyone being able to let me know.

Kids - they should come with health warnings

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 27th 2012, 8:20 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minor question about tv programs available in Oz?

Yep its on Fox 8 - Most new American series get aired here about a month behind ! Vampire Diaries is on Fox 8 at the moment Paid TV !
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:04 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick72
Yep its on Fox 8 - Most new American series get aired here about a month behind ! Vampire Diaries is on Fox 8 at the moment Paid TV !
They do - but I think there's going to be a major change to that in the foreseeable future, in a bid to stop the impact of the torrents sites.

I know that FX is whizzing through The Walking Dead so that by the time Season 3 is ready to be aired, it can be aired worldwide within a couple of days of it airing in the States. I'd imagine that will become much more common.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

wapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nice

I see "game of thrones" season two will be screened about four days after the Usa to stop people like me downloading it.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Butterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to all

Thank you.
Oh no . We cancelled our sky account here a few months back and it's
been on freeview here in the UK.

Maybe I won't tell them then as there's no plan to get
Foxtel for a while after arrival! I'm guessing it's probably
just as expensive there as Sky is here .
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamy
They do - but I think there's going to be a major change to that in the foreseeable future, in a bid to stop the impact of the torrents sites.

I know that FX is whizzing through The Walking Dead so that by the time Season 3 is ready to be aired, it can be aired worldwide within a couple of days of it airing in the States. I'd imagine that will become much more common.
I'll bite - what's FX?
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

wapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nicewapping is just really nice

Fx is just the name of a channel on Foxtel.
The thing you have to remember is that the shows are not censored here
as they are in the uk.
Dexter shows all the blood and gore and his sister only knows one word
as an example.
I believe the Vampire show is shown on a free to air channel also.
If you want sport Foxtel is the only way to go.
and Corrie is about 6 years old on free to air but 4 weeks old on pay.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Could be an upset husband and sons then
Oh no