Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

air conditioning and refrigeration engineer looking for a spomsor in australia

air conditioning and refrigeration engineer looking for a spomsor in australia

Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

bellaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default air conditioning and refrigeration engineer looking for a spomsor in australia

Hi all

I am looking towards a move to australia i work in air conditioning and refrigeration trade i have city and guilds level2 and f gas 2079 along with brazer approval certs i have a lot of experience about 8 years i'm on here to see if anyone knows of any companies down there that would be willing to sponsor me for a visa.
I'm from ireland not to busy at the moment and with my age it's harder to get a visa as i'm 40 now.
If anybody has any experience or knolowdge in this i would be glad to hear from you.

Kind regards mike
Old Mar 28th 2012, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future
Default Re: air conditioning and refrigeration engineer looking for a spomsor in australia

HI Mike, Welcome to BE.

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but I would be amazed if you can secure a sponsor for your particular trade (same as mine), for starters your qualifications will not be recogonised here, some parts of mine were transfered after sitting an interview (Victoria PIC) and most of the others I have had to sit theory and practical exams for, I am lucky because I did not need the ticket to be able to work as I am in the management side of the business, I just wanted to get my trade recognised as you never know.

As a refrige engineer you should still be on the occupations in demand list so you would be better going down the PR visa path, once you are here with a Visa you would have no problem in finding a job, at least here in Melbourne, at first you may have to work under a licensed engineer so your pay may be low whilst getting your qualifications coverted etc.

I thought that when I was applying for our Visa that the points didn't drop until you were over 40, (someone will correct me if I am wrong) and also the age is for when you apply not for when you are likely to granted a Visa, look into on the Immigration website.

Good Luck.

Rob.