Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you need to make an appointment at Centrelink

Do you need to make an appointment at Centrelink

Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

bibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nice
Default Do you need to make an appointment at Centrelink

Hello.
Does anyone know if you want to speak to someone at Centrlink(at one of their offices) do you have to call up and make an appt first, or can you just turn up. Wanted to ask some questions about the ccb, ccr, what the diff is. How do you get it, How does it work. No matter how many times I read about it, just dont understand it all.
I see they have a centrelink at Joondalup. But dont want to turn up if they wont see me cos I havent made an appt?
Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:02 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you need to make an appointment at Centrelink

Originally Posted by bibblybobbly
Hello.
Does anyone know if you want to speak to someone at Centrlink(at one of their offices) do you have to call up and make an appt first, or can you just turn up. Wanted to ask some questions about the ccb, ccr, what the diff is. How do you get it, How does it work. No matter how many times I read about it, just dont understand it all.
I see they have a centrelink at Joondalup. But dont want to turn up if they wont see me cos I havent made an appt?
Thanks
In my experience you turn up, there is a kind of triage person. You'll be handed the forms you need and then you make the appt to come back and hand the completed forms in with your supporting docs.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

bibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nicebibblybobbly is just really nice

Originally Posted by renth
In my experience you turn up, there is a kind of triage person. You'll be handed the forms you need and then you make the appt to come back and hand the completed forms in with your supporting docs.
Thanks,ok will just head along then
Old Mar 27th 2012, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't expect it to make any more sense after seeing them! Just fill out the forms and they'll work out if you get it and how much for the ccr. I did mine backdated for 2 years (yes it took me that long to get my head around it enough to do the forms - they are very helpful though) and despite being told we wouldn't get Family Tax Part B we did so we got a huge lump sum for A and B + some CCB and the CCR - very welcome!!
Old Mar 28th 2012, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itigo
Don't expect it to make any more sense after seeing them! Just fill out the forms and they'll work out if you get it and how much for the ccr. I did mine backdated for 2 years (yes it took me that long to get my head around it enough to do the forms - they are very helpful though) and despite being told we wouldn't get Family Tax Part B we did so we got a huge lump sum for A and B + some CCB and the CCR - very welcome!!
thanks. Glad you got some money back, thats always a nice surprise. I dont find all this stuff easy to understand at all. in brief, whats the dfiff between ccb and ccr? I have decided to call the help line n get them to send out the info and application forms in case we need them. Im still on hold, have been for 20 mins. Someone will answer the phone n I will be all flustered n forget what i want to ask LOL
Old Mar 28th 2012, 2:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

thanks. Glad you got some money back, thats always a nice surprise. I dont find all this stuff easy to understand at all. in brief, whats the dfiff between ccb and ccr? I have decided to call the help line n get them to send out the info and application forms in case we need them. Im still on hold, have been for 20 mins. Someone will answer the phone n I will be all flustered n forget what i want to ask LOL
CCB is means tested CCR is not. Child care rebate offers a 50% rebate on child care costs at approved centres.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
CCB is means tested CCR is not. Child care rebate offers a 50% rebate on child care costs at approved centres.
Thank you. That is perfectly understandable, still waiting here...
Old Mar 28th 2012, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. That is perfectly understandable, still waiting here...
Seriously, it will be easier to go in and ask there. They photocopied the forms for me too.....