Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mildura, Victoria????

Mildura, Victoria????

Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mildura, Victoria????

Originally Posted by owdgrandad

I lived close to Swan Hill for 15 years and got to Mildura quite often.

Firstly, it gets really hot in summer and the winters are quite mild.

Size wise its about on par with Swan Hill, there are plenty of tradesmen in both towns and they all seem to make a living so who knows you may drop lucky.

Of the two i think i prefer Swan Hill, its just that bit closer to Melbourne if you want to go for a weekend.

But generally life in Northern Victoria is pretty good , good weather , laid back , plenty of wineries and all the sport you could wish for.

All the best on whatever you decide .

Thanks very much for that owdgrandad, we have a car booked and will be dropping in on a few places. Mildura is looking the favourite at the moment!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mildura, Victoria????

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
You might know this already but Mildura is closer to Adelaide than Melbourne. It's only 4.5 hours to Adelaide.
Hi MartinLuther, yeah, we did know that, 4.5 or 6.5 hours, still a pretty long time! Think OH would love that!

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Hi folks,

we lived in mildura for 3 years and would still be there if hubby hadnt been promoted and we had to move to adelaide where the HO is.
i absolutley love mildura, and it is a fantastic place to live, the weather is beautiful and the people are so friendly. There are quite a few british expats living there now, so you certainly wouldnt be the only pom in the village lol !!
and i still have a house there if you are looking to rent it
if you have children then there are a lot of good schools in the area, i could go on and on, but definatley a beautiful part of the country.
i have a few rellies in swan hill, its much smaller and there is more of a country feel about the place, less shops etc, still a nice place to go visit though.
as mentioned, mildura is closer to adelaide, swan hill is about a 2 hour drive from mildura, and the pioneer settlement is def worth a look too.

if you need to know anything else, just give me a shout
Thank you for the input, we will be offline after tonight but wanted to reply.

Sounds like you had a very positive experience there and that's great to hear! You don't tend to hear so much about the more rural places compared to the cities, well, I haven't. Mildura is looking good for us, but we are taking a trip there at the end of April to get a real feel for the place...guess time will tell once OH has his licence. We don't have children yet but are planning to, so all that comes into the equation!

So you still have your house there then...ready for a return?
Thank you for the reply!

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
I did a tour of Victoria a few years back. We were only meant to stay in Mildura for 2 days, we liked it so much we stayed for 5. The locals are some of the friendliest I've come across in aus.
Thanks Potato, these posts are reassuring me! Will be in touch and let you know what's happening!