Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migration Agents?????

Migration Agents?????

Old May 9th 2005, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Smile Migration Agents?????

Is it better to have an agent in the UK, or in Oz...or does it not matter?

Many thanks

Mark
Old May 9th 2005, 5:13 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Agents?????

Originally Posted by wildmark

Many thanks

Mark
Some agents like Go Matilda have UK and Australian offices so this may be advantagous.I saw a post onhere earlier saying that" DIMA respond to Australian agents about 1 week before UK agents" not sure how true this is.

If you go for a dual location agent then you seem to have the best of both worlds in my opinion.
Old May 9th 2005, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Many thanks

Mark
Mark,

I honestly don't think it matters. Our agent was based in Australia and it didn't make a difference. He was always prompt and returned my calls within 24hrs.They were excellent.

The Bread Knife
Old May 9th 2005, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bread Knife
Mark,

I honestly don't think it matters. Our agent was based in Australia and it didn't make a difference. He was always prompt and returned my calls within 24hrs.They were excellent.

The Bread Knife

Thanks for the fast reply, if you dont mind me asking how much did they charge you?

Mark
Old May 9th 2005, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the fast reply, if you dont mind me asking how much did they charge you?

Mark

Very roughly.....£2500 including meds, fees, application fees, pc's and TRA.
This was 2 years ago now.
It was worth it as the TRA would have been difficult for us to do alone. It also took alot of pressure of us plus we had the money so we thought why not!!!

The Bread Knife
Old May 9th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Go Matilda's fees (for STNI, not sure if they would be different for other visa types??) is £1,535 + VAT.

The other costs to take into account are the TRA fee (if applicable), police checks, medicals, DIMIA there may be more but I cant log into my other email account at the moment to check the GoMatilda list PM me if you'd like further details.

Hope this helps

Hugs
Karen
Old May 9th 2005, 8:12 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Our agents fee was £1450 including VAT, they are Thinking Australia and are in the UK but put you with an agent in Australia - it works out well as I get emails direct from the Oz agent but can contact TA anytime via phone, email whatever, plus they can help you with all aspects of emigration, not just getting the visa.

www.thinkingaustralia.com
Old May 9th 2005, 8:18 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

My case is as straightforward as they come and i have filled it all in myself :scared:

But hay saving loads

Time will tell.................
Old May 9th 2005, 8:18 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Many thanks

Mark
prefered tp use a UK agent and we found one at the sandown fair last year, have been very helpful and have always answered any questions.
they are based down south or manchester which is the one i am goin through
there fees are £1000 plus all the tra and apps fees. glad i did use an agent as i know tra is getting harder to pass.(concept australia by the way)

ATB

andy
Old May 9th 2005, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bridiej
Our agents fee was £1450 including VAT, they are Thinking Australia and are in the UK but put you with an agent in Australia - it works out well as I get emails direct from the Oz agent but can contact TA anytime via phone, email whatever, plus they can help you with all aspects of emigration, not just getting the visa.

www.thinkingaustralia.com

Thats great, has anyone else used them???????
Old May 9th 2005, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I used ASA - based in Perth. I found this to me a major advantage as they received docs and letters from DIMIA a week before I would have if they were sent to me in the UK. My agents then scanned me a copy. Very very useful.

By the way, ASA were bloody great.........check them out

www.australia-migration.com

PM me if you want more info.

SS
Old May 9th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

PS...it cost me ~£2k but that included ALL professional and application fees for the skills assessment and 136 application.

SS
Old May 9th 2005, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough

Many thanks

Mark
here we go again!!!!!

did nobody think to ask the guy what visa hes gettin and the possibillity that he doesnt need an agent!!

mark! what visa will you be applieing for? do you pass the points test?
Old May 9th 2005, 8:42 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steven'n'debi
here we go again!!!!!

did nobody think to ask the guy what visa hes gettin and the possibillity that he doesnt need an agent!!

I think Perthforme mentioned that......

Plus Mark just asked about agents...
Old May 9th 2005, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Re: Migration Agents?????

Originally Posted by bridiej
I think Perthforme mentioned that......

Plus Mark just asked about agents...
shurup but head!! so i missed that one!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.