Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migrating to australia (I bet you get this alot :D)

Migrating to australia (I bet you get this alot :D)

Old Aug 7th 2002, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

DomStLeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migrating to australia (I bet you get this alot :D)

Hi, My names Dom and this is my first visit and post. I'm about to start medical school in scotland. The course I'm doing is split into a pre-clinical degree and then a clinical degree, with an option at the end of the pre-clinical phase to apply for a clinical place at any university I want (or take up a guarenteed place at an english uni). Long term I want to emmigrate permanently to Australia. I was wondering what the chances of emmigrating mid course and doing the clinical phase in an australian university and taking up residence from there, instead of getting a UK qualification and then applying after gaining experience. This is probably an unusual question, and its probably unlikely I can do it, but thanks in advance incase someone can help me
Old Aug 7th 2002, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi DomStLedger

Welcome to our NG!!

Can't help you at all I'm afraid, but perhaps Alan, George or JAJ can give you an idea of whether it's possible to do. I don't think that Doctors are on the skills in demand list though as they apparently have enough doctors....though they do want nurses....I dunno, you work it out

Hope you get the answer you want!!

love sophia xx
Old Aug 7th 2002, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow

hey wonder woman can i play at doctors and nurses.
yours tipper.
Old Aug 7th 2002, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Tipper,

my lovely I would but sorry, just don't like the photo!! Much preferred you when you were Steve Irwin!!

love sophia xx
Old Aug 7th 2002, 6:17 pm

percyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Tipper, preferred you as Pink Panther !
Old Aug 7th 2002, 6:31 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough

My sister's boyfriend is a Scottish medic, just qualified and starting job as junior house doctor, he spent a year (or was it 6 months? Don't remember) in Australia as part of the course.
Old Aug 7th 2002, 9:30 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Migrating to australia (I bet you get this alot :D)

Doctors are not on the Skilled Occupations List. That's not because Australia has a
surplus of doctors - it doesn't - but because the medical profession is protectionist
and powerful.

It is still possible for a doctor to emigrate via employer nomination.

Read form 1062: http://www.immi-
.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1062i.pdf

Jeremy

>On 7 Aug 2002 18:28:33 GMT, sophia <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Hi DomStLedger
    >Welcome to our NG!!
    >Can't help you at all I'm afraid, but perhaps Alan, George or JAJ can give you an
    >idea of whether it's possible to do. I don't think that Doctors are on the skills
    >in demand list though as they apparently have enough doctors....though they do want
    >nurses....I dunno, you work it out
    >Hope you get the answer you want!!
    >love sophia xx
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 8th 2002, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

DomStLeger is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the feedback . I'm aware of the position on qualified doctors emigrating, I more interested in the position on students emigrating to pursue a degree.