The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

An extract:

"Huntsman Spider

A full-grown huntsman spider can be as big as an adult hand. The spider typically has a crab-like set of legs and can sprint up walls and across ceilings with surprising speed. Huntsmen are known to bite and may cause mild local pain. etc etc etc"

well F**K THAT!!!!!

I purchased the above book from Sandown at the weekend. I read the above extract and nearly crapped my pants!!!!

Just to recap "can be as big as an adult hand. The spider typically has a crab-like set of legs and can sprint up walls and across ceilings with surprising speed"

HOLY S**T
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:37 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

Think of all the horrible insects they eat though!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridiej
Think of all the horrible insects they eat though!

i dont give a sh** mate - big as a human hand!!!! (and i forgot to mention they are hairy). after i read it i sat all night looking at the size of my husbands hands and nearly started to cry!!!! and they can sprint!!! not as bloody fast as me they cant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
i dont give a sh** mate - big as a human hand!!!! (and i forgot to mention they are hairy). after i read it i sat all night looking at the size of my husbands hands and nearly started to cry!!!! and they can sprint!!! not as bloody fast as me they cant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
They really are harmless, and they have lots of bonuses, like - they eat cockroaches which are far more yucky. (I am setting up a Huntsman Post at the door of our new house to keep out the cockies!!!! )
The first couple you see are scary cos they are so big, they make you jump; after that things improve, though they still make you start a bit if you aren't expecting to see them. Biggest one I have seen was in the bathroom on enight after I had prayed to God to eliminate our roach problem somehow....walked in the bathroom and I swear the spider waved at me from its perch on the side of the bath. It was easily the size of a side plate - bread and butter plate, sort of size. Ate the roaches and left, not seen spider or and Yuckies since......
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Biggest one I have seen was in the bathroom on enight after I had prayed to God to eliminate our roach problem somehow....walked in the bathroom and I swear the spider waved at me from its perch on the side of the bath. It was easily the size of a side plate - bread and butter plate, sort of size. Ate the roaches and left, not seen spider or and Yuckies since......

OMG!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

I am lost for words!!!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

They really are harmless, and they have lots of bonuses, like - they eat cockroaches which are far more yucky. (I am setting up a Huntsman Post at the door of our new house to keep out the cockies!!!! )
The first couple you see are scary cos they are so big, they make you jump; after that things improve, though they still make you start a bit if you aren't expecting to see them. Biggest one I have seen was in the bathroom on enight after I had prayed to God to eliminate our roach problem somehow....walked in the bathroom and I swear the spider waved at me from its perch on the side of the bath. It was easily the size of a side plate - bread and butter plate, sort of size. Ate the roaches and left, not seen spider or and Yuckies since......
It has been a learning experience for us too. I was always taught to kill anything that didn't belong in the house, so that meant spiders, insects, anything.

Here, I've been slowly getting more tolerant. Geckos (or chit-chats) are now good, in moderation. I haven't seen a huntsman yet, and I really hate spiders, but I will try and convince myself its good when I see one.

Roaches on the other hand, are, and always will be bastards, and the brave Mrs JTL stamps on them and squishes them. I'm not good with insects But they do all deserve to die.

Its all new and interesting, I hear rats scurring around in the garage roof these days, thats my next bit of 'interesting work'

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
do u get huntmen spiders in sydney?
cheers

Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Pollyanna

Whereabout in Oz are you living ?
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:10 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

The first couple you see are scary cos they are so big, they make you jump;

Polly Dont forget they also JUMP.

When I was over your way a couple of years ago one litterally jumoed after me down the path.

Weird how unafraid of spiders you get isn't it, I was petrified of spiders in the UK and now they are all my little friends. We have massive golden orbs in our garden they look so scary but then I look at the big trail of dead fly and mossie carcasses behind them so I wave at them everytime I go past and tell them what a good job they are doing. Same with red backs, loads in my garden but they are so dopey that they wouldn't know how to bite if they tried, they also look realy really good.

Honestly dont worry the mossies, sandflies and cockroaches are much more of a problem and they realy do piss you off.

Kala
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi there,
do u get huntmen spiders in sydney?
cheers
Yes

Huntsman spiders

Sleep well, don't have nightmares

Cheers,
JTL
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:15 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

NOWHERE IS SAFE!!!!!! :scared: :scared:

D D
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Holy Mother of God - size of a plate!! im sure i would faint
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

when we got the keys to our rental, we thought we'd clean prior to moving in!

We walked through the front door and I went straight to open the sitting room blinds and let in some daylight, I opened the 1st blind - stood back and saw something wrapped in the muslin curtains like a shroud! :scared: :scared: I screamed, laughed, cried, screamed, shook, cried - then my husband appeared with a broom and bucket and took the dear 'little' spider out to the back of the garden.

Ten minutes later I was walking through the hall with a brand new bathroom cleaner spray, when there was a strange, strangled, high pitch scream - my husband had picked up a couple of buckets left in the hall and had been bitten on a finger (he must have squashed the Huntsmans head or something), the buckets went flying, the air turned Blue and I jumped so much that I the cleaner top flew off and the liquid squirted up the hall walls!!
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

hi DollyDaydream,
please tell me that your picture is a plastic spider, or i wont sleep for weeks-months-years
please put me out of my misery-its not real surely?
OMG

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream

D D
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream

D D

HOLY F**KING SHITE

no way, forget it. keep it, shuv it im staying put. i thought you only saw those on tv!!!!! its straight from harry potter!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.