midwife wages

Old May 30th 2008, 1:57 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default midwife wages

Can anyone advise on what the current salary for a midwife in Perth is at the moment.

Also anyone know of any Mezzanine floor manufactures in Perth area i could apply for a job.

i will be coming over with $65k aud dollars and need to know if that will be able to start us off for the first year
Old May 30th 2008, 2:10 pm
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future
Default Re: midwife wages

Hi Mickpower

Midwife wages vary from state to state and whether it is a public hospital or a private hospital and the level and qualifications your wife has, have a look on The Australian Nursing Federation website that should tell you at what level your wife will be working in australia. Failing that, the hospital where she has her job should be able to send her information of what wage she will be on.

starlite
Old May 30th 2008, 2:14 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Starlite
Hi Mickpower

Midwife wages vary from state to state and whether it is a public hospital or a private hospital and the level and qualifications your wife has, have a look on The Australian Nursing Federation website that should tell you at what level your wife will be working in australia. Failing that, the hospital where she has her job should be able to send her information of what wage she will be on.

starlite
many thanks for your help it was just a average wage to work out expenses
are you a midwife yourself

anyeway many thanks again
Old May 30th 2008, 2:15 pm

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future

Yes i am mick
Old May 30th 2008, 2:21 pm
MickyBhoy

Originally Posted by Starlite
Yes i am mick
we are looking at Perth through an agecy my wife has contacted but there was no indication of wages.

she works in the high dependency baby ward here as i say i dont know that much about that side of it probbaly you will

thanks
Old May 30th 2008, 2:26 pm

Ok... i'm not sure what level she will come under then.. I am also doing all mine through an agency, when the hospital sent my official letter of confirmation of employment, they also sent me my salary and contract information. Its prob worth asking ur agent to find out for you, or email the hospital and ask about the salary she will be on.

starlite
Old May 30th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

lele.juggins is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife earns in excess of $60k as a Midwife at Armadale, but she is Level 2. As a Level 1 I think it was around $56k. This maybe less if you are though an agency as they may take their cut? We found agencies a real pain in the neck last year when applying for jobs and ended up getting on much better contacting the Hospitals direct.
Old May 30th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/

We've been using this as a guide, Maybe others in australia could say how accurate it is?
Old May 30th 2008, 2:54 pm
MickyBhoy

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/

We've been using this as a guide, Maybe others in australia could say how accurate it is?
many thanks this will give us an idea
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

babyoven is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lele.juggins
My wife earns in excess of $60k as a Midwife at Armadale, but she is Level 2. As a Level 1 I think it was around $56k. This maybe less if you are though an agency as they may take their cut? We found agencies a real pain in the neck last year when applying for jobs and ended up getting on much better contacting the Hospitals direct.
Hi I qualified in Feb 2005 and have been told by Peel Health in Mandurah that I will be starting on level 1.4 which is $53,400 - I am hoping to be there by the end of the year!
P.S. What is level 2?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickpower75
we are looking at Perth through an agecy my wife has contacted but there was no indication of wages.

she works in the high dependency baby ward here as i say i dont know that much about that side of it probbaly you will

thanks
Contact the hospitals directly first before going through an agency - they often sponsor the visa themselves; some will offer a PR or will at least be more than happy to support you in applying for PR later on.

There is an Australian-wide shortage of qualified medical/nursing staff.