Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Message for Annqldau

Message for Annqldau

Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

allthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to all
Default Message for Annqldau

Hi there, I noticed in another thread that you are from Easington? We live in Peterlee so not too far.

Do you mind me asking how long you have been in Australia? What made you decide to go? And how did you choose where to live?

We are just at the very beginning of applications and just don't know where to choose. We have never been to australia yet, are planning a trip next Christmas time, but had thought of Adelaide. Do you have any opinions on this?

We have five kids ages 12, 7, 4, 2.5 and 1 and have lived in Peterlee for most of our lives although I did travel alot when I was little with my dad being in the army.

Sorry for all the questions, it just seems to be such a huge jump to begin things even though I know its the best decision.

Thanks

Jacky xx
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Message for Annqldau

Originally Posted by allthejs
Hi there, I noticed in another thread that you are from Easington? We live in Peterlee so not too far.

Do you mind me asking how long you have been in Australia? What made you decide to go? And how did you choose where to live?

We are just at the very beginning of applications and just don't know where to choose. We have never been to australia yet, are planning a trip next Christmas time, but had thought of Adelaide. Do you have any opinions on this?

We have five kids ages 12, 7, 4, 2.5 and 1 and have lived in Peterlee for most of our lives although I did travel alot when I was little with my dad being in the army.

Sorry for all the questions, it just seems to be such a huge jump to begin things even though I know its the best decision.

Thanks

Jacky xx
You might be better off to PM as Annqldau might miss this post.
Sam xxx
Old Apr 11th 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

allthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to allallthejs is a name known to all

Thanks Sam

New to all this and hadn't thought of that

Jacky xx
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:52 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for those who informed me about the thread I'd been otherwise occupied reading and gardening (being Aus with a pick axe)... .

HI sorry about the delay been gardening etc.. We moved due to a midlife crisis had done everything we wanted to do in UK and always had urge to try somewhere abroad.

Had been planning to go to France but Brisbane very similar climate and there and no lingo problem. We had never been to Australia at all prior to a 1 mth visa validation a month before we came for good so played pin the tail on the donkey with the internet and a Dorling Kindersley map of Australia. Perth and Brisbane hot but not too humid but Perth miles from everywhere else it takes 5 hours from Brisbane to Perth but only 3 hours from Brisbane to New Zealand to give you an idea of scale that's by plane. Personally, we think Cairns very nice but too humid in summer and same for Townsville up to Darwin. Coming from the cold wet north, we did not want more cold and wet so that ruled out anywhere below Sydney although we do know families from Easington and Darlington who have settled in Melbourne and loved it. Brisbane is not as cosmopolitan as Sydney and Melbourne but coming from Co. Durham I like that as has similar feel bit like Durham compared to Newcastle, I prefer the country feel. Sydney reminded me more of London. My husband has been to Adelaide and said he liked it, as had an English feel to it. I find Brisbane more of a cross between Tenerife, America and France not much of a British feel to it think you get that more around Adelaide, Melbourne and Canberra from what Hubby says.

Overall depends what you want… if you want never to wear a coat again, long trousers infrequently come to Brisbane, and you will not need to.

Sure others will disagree with me but that's just my impression and that given by my husband who has been to most of the cities now. Hope that helps...

Originally Posted by allthejs

Thanks

Jacky xx