Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:17 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2.54

A$ to the pound at the moment

I bet it wont last
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2.54

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty

I bet it wont last
hey thats good...we got 2.51 last June.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 1:31 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

missed the boat .. its down to 2.52 now
Old Feb 5th 2007, 1:53 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

missed the boat .. its down to 2.52 now
I took 2.5395 when I could get it - figured that historically that's pretty good. I know I'll kick myself if it goes to 2.6 or something but it doesn't do that very often and I suppose it's best to be sure of these things!

Buzzy
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

I bet it wont last
There's a lot of talk of another interest rate rise in the UK. They're talking any further rise down over here. If it happens - and the exchange rate doesn't drop too much in the interim - that will push the pound higher
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I took 2.5395 when I could get it - figured that historically that's pretty good. I know I'll kick myself if it goes to 2.6 or something but it doesn't do that very often and I suppose it's best to be sure of these things!

Buzzy
We did the same at 2.532. It would have to move up pretty high pretty quickly for us to lose out now since money is now earning 6.8% BankWest in Oz compared to 4.75% ING in the UK
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mbike
We did the same at 2.532. It would have to move up pretty high pretty quickly for us to lose out now since money is now earning 6.8% BankWest in Oz compared to 4.75% ING in the UK
What do you lot think then? Me and OH no idea about this sort of thing. Everything is in place for us to exchange a substantial amount of money. On Friday it hit 2.54, but it seems to have dropped again. Do you think it is reasonable to hold out for 2.54 over the next few days, those extra few cents mean a fair bit of money to us (did well on house sale!!) Opinions appreciated on the exchange rate over the next few days.

Nicky x
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leechy100
What do you lot think then? Me and OH no idea about this sort of thing. Everything is in place for us to exchange a substantial amount of money. On Friday it hit 2.54, but it seems to have dropped again. Do you think it is reasonable to hold out for 2.54 over the next few days, those extra few cents mean a fair bit of money to us (did well on house sale!!) Opinions appreciated on the exchange rate over the next few days.

Nicky x
imo you need to have a target, stick to that and then change when it happens. We waited over a year for it to reach 2.53 but when it did we booked the deal straight away. 2.54 doesn't seem an unreasonable target but make sure you are reading the customer rates as they tend to be a few points lower than the interbank rate published. The interbank rate would need to be around 2.55 to get you 2.54 - although having a large amount to exchange - and saying you are from this forum - can close the gap with places like Ozforex. You could also enquire about forward rates. People here have booked good deals this way

Mark
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:31 am
pink 'n' bouncy

OHHH NO ITS ALL GOING WRONG !!!

Todays rate is 2.39 on hi-fx and dropping.

damn damn damn i knew i should'nt keep looking but i can't help meself
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:35 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

it'll go back up.. Greenback is weakening at the mo, only trouble is the GBP and AUD are both very strong so it's like two heavyweight boxers trying to get the retiring champs belt..

Well that's how I like to think about it anyway.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
it'll go back up.. Greenback is weakening at the mo, only trouble is the GBP and AUD are both very strong so it's like two heavyweight boxers trying to get the retiring champs belt..

Well that's how I like to think about it anyway.
Hi there,

My husband is in the middle of opening an account with ozforex. Do you get to deal with someone in person? Is that when you mention this site. Any help would be appreciated as we are about to get cracking with transfering the money.

Regards

J
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi there,

My husband is in the middle of opening an account with ozforex. Do you get to deal with someone in person? Is that when you mention this site. Any help would be appreciated as we are about to get cracking with transfering the money.

Regards

J
All the people I dealt with at ozforex were great, in particular a guy called Chris was very helpful.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi there,

Regards

J
They will probably contact you to ask for forms etc to be completed and sent back. You can mention that you got their name of BE (thats if you did get it off here) I think it helps with their market research. Not sure though. Have to say they have been first class with the two transfer we did.

Lynne
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:39 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mick69
They will probably contact you to ask for forms etc to be completed and sent back. You can mention that you got their name of BE (thats if you did get it off here) I think it helps with their market research. Not sure though. Have to say they have been first class with the two transfer we did.

Lynne
we are in the middle of a deal with them at the mo (1st time) so far so good did the deal online and someone calls u witin 10 mins to check it's all cosha, then all you have to do is xfer funds to their uk account which i have tried to do today but my bank have put tomorrows date for the money to go -!!!!! instead of today,( but have got till then anyway )
Will post when all gone through
Paula
Old Apr 12th 2007, 5:57 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

ozforex aren't that bothered about 1-4 days transfers I think on small amounts. Its nothing in a multi-billion transfer market.

When I book deals, its always given me 3 days on the list deals page, and I got a feeling it got extend to 4 days automatically.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.