Melway Madness

Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sujy will become famous soon enoughSujy will become famous soon enough
Default Melway Madness

Hi, just joined the Forum today. We have been granted permanent visa and we are in the process of selling our house. Plan to move to Melbourne in September but having a nightmare trying to work out where to live. My husband is in construction management and I am a youth worker. Our greatest concerns are trying to accomodate our two children. Our daughter is 18 and enjoys night life, our son is 11 and needs a good school in a family area where he can make friends and play out safely. Ideally we would like to be close to the beach. Bayside area looks good, but house prices are fairly expensive. Has anyone advice about family orientated areas with good schools and a reasonable night life. Any help will be great!!! Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

astonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Melway Madness

Originally Posted by Sujy
Hi, just joined the Forum today. We have been granted permanent visa and we are in the process of selling our house. Plan to move to Melbourne in September but having a nightmare trying to work out where to live. My husband is in construction management and I am a youth worker. Our greatest concerns are trying to accomodate our two children. Our daughter is 18 and enjoys night life, our son is 11 and needs a good school in a family area where he can make friends and play out safely. Ideally we would like to be close to the beach. Bayside area looks good, but house prices are fairly expensive. Has anyone advice about family orientated areas with good schools and a reasonable night life. Any help will be great!!! Thanks
honest answer! Its such a subjective question that i would plan on renting for a few months on arrival and just look around. Settlement on properties usually takes 60 plus days any way so why rush into things. apartments have been so over built in melbourne they are desparate for renters. drive a hard bargain, get a 3 month lease in docklands. (your daughter will love it) and choose the right place at your leisure either to rent long term or buy. This is the low stress solution. ps ask them to throw in free broad band internet when you negotiate lol