Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who Gets Your Vote

Who Gets Your Vote

Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Default Who Gets Your Vote

WHO GETS YOUR VOTE??

Just out of curiosity who is everyone voting for in the General Election and why???
Can't make up my own mind yet, not a political person at all, country going down hill very fast, anyone know who can make it any better?? (apart from TRA that is)!!!
look forward to your replies!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:49 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Gets Your Vote

Originally Posted by joanneS
WHO GETS YOUR VOTE??

Just out of curiosity who is everyone voting for in the General Election and why???
Can't make up my own mind yet, not a political person at all, country going down hill very fast, anyone know who can make it any better?? (apart from TRA that is)!!!
look forward to your replies!
No one their all just saying what you want to hear, their all FULL OF S**T
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
No one their all just saying what you want to hear, their all FULL OF S**T
Totally agree with you but if we don't vote who can we blame when they mess up!!! :
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:24 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with you but if we don't vote who can we blame when they mess up!!! :
I agree with you also but who do we vote for when they all talk tripe
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
I agree with you also but who do we vote for when they all talk tripe
How about the Monster Raving Looney Party!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:32 pm
Born to be wild....

They have my vote !
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:45 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

nobody gets my vote because they won't accept a postal vote that arrives AFTER the date of the election, even if proof that it was posted before is given, and they only send out postal votes a week before the election. assuming 4 working days to get to oz, and 3 working days to get back it would never arrive in time.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:06 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by brisnick
nobody gets my vote because they won't accept a postal vote that arrives AFTER the date of the election, even if proof that it was posted before is given, and they only send out postal votes a week before the election. assuming 4 working days to get to oz, and 3 working days to get back it would never arrive in time.
You also had to be registered as an overseas voter before 11 March to be able to vote in this election and we forgot...

Somedays though I feel that it's no longer relevant to me and that I should focus on Howard et al. Other days I see reports showing those vaguely sinister, "are you thinking what we're thinking" ads and I feel like standing up and being counted.

GLR
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

As my Grandmother use to say... "There's nobody to vote for but politicians and who in their right mind wants to vote for them"
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:19 am
ABCDiamond

Sounds good to me

Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:39 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a General Election soon in the UK?

Hasn't been a cheep about it on TV, or in the press here!

When is it?
Old Apr 27th 2005, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Un-Co
As my Grandmother use to say... "There's nobody to vote for but politicians and who in their right mind wants to vote for them"
If you are lucky enough to live in Northern Ireland, you can

Vote for yourself

Or a bunch of hippy lunatics anyway. Belfast for the 2016 Olympics!!!

Imagining the beginning of a dreamy rainbow will be seen to be taking place in Belfast on election day.
Interesting manifesto pledge, but can they deliver on their dreamy rainbow?

Cheers,
JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Apr 27th 2005 at 4:02 am.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 4:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing the UK election campaign on Sky News UK on Foxtel makes me so glad I don't live there anymore.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:20 am
Born to be wild....

Originally Posted by renth
Seeing the UK election campaign on Sky News UK on Foxtel makes me so glad I don't live there anymore.

Pity us that still do then Renth
Old Apr 27th 2005, 10:05 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely Labour. That has nothing to do with agreeing with their policies or not I just think maintaining the status quo is the best thing for maintaining share prices (I have 2 endowments to cash in) and maintaining confidence in the housing market.

But if any party promised to raise the point at which stamp duty rises to 3% from £250,000 they would instantly get my vote to help me sell my house at market value.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.