Reload this Page >

Melton or that area anybody??

Melton or that area anybody??

Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

paulouise is on a distinguished road
Smile Melton or that area anybody??

Hi all,
Now starting to look at the inland areas a bit as advise on the shore areas we can afford to start out with are not too great.
I think maybe i am looking too hard as its getting obsesive now and i am becoming more stressed, this visa has just happened too quickly, i thought we would have at least the summer to save and plan, also hubby has to go before me as i have to have op beginning of next month, so i am in panic station mode at the moment.
Maybe best to just get a short rental as close to Sunshine (where hubby will be working), then look about?
But am worried if the area is rough the kids will hate it and we will have problems from the word go?
Any thoughts anyone
Many thanks - i am usually a pretty together person honest!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melton or that area anybody??

Originally Posted by paulouise
Hi all,
Now starting to look at the inland areas a bit as advise on the shore areas we can afford to start out with are not too great.
I think maybe i am looking too hard as its getting obsesive now and i am becoming more stressed, this visa has just happened too quickly, i thought we would have at least the summer to save and plan, also hubby has to go before me as i have to have op beginning of next month, so i am in panic station mode at the moment.
Maybe best to just get a short rental as close to Sunshine (where hubby will be working), then look about?
But am worried if the area is rough the kids will hate it and we will have problems from the word go?
Any thoughts anyone
Many thanks - i am usually a pretty together person honest!!!!
Right, you've got 2 threads going on where to live in Melbourne!

You ask about Melton in your thread title. It is probably 15 or 20 minutes out from Sunshine on the Western Highway (road to Ballarat, Adelaide etc) and is known as one of Melbourne's cheapest suburbs although there is a fair bit of flat farmland between Melton and the edge of the city at Caroline Springs/Deer Park with Rockbank in between. It is fast developing in all directions and is popular with young families in particular. It has a lot of schools, shops, amenities etc. I don't know of any reputation with roughness or whatever. It must be said that it has a flat surrounding area and you will often have that 15 miles or so drive into 'civilisation', particularly with children.

Also have a look at Caroline Springs which is closer in, has newer housing and rapidly developing amenities. Next to that is Burnside estate which might be worth a look as well (and even has an Aldi!!)

OzTennis
Old Mar 10th 2006, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

paulouise is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Melton or that area anybody??

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Right, you've got 2 threads going on where to live in Melbourne!

You ask about Melton in your thread title. It is probably 15 or 20 minutes out from Sunshine on the Western Highway (road to Ballarat, Adelaide etc) and is known as one of Melbourne's cheapest suburbs although there is a fair bit of flat farmland between Melton and the edge of the city at Caroline Springs/Deer Park with Rockbank in between. It is fast developing in all directions and is popular with young families in particular. It has a lot of schools, shops, amenities etc. I don't know of any reputation with roughness or whatever. It must be said that it has a flat surrounding area and you will often have that 15 miles or so drive into 'civilisation', particularly with children.

Also have a look at Caroline Springs which is closer in, has newer housing and rapidly developing amenities. Next to that is Burnside estate which might be worth a look as well (and even has an Aldi!!)

OzTennis
Thanks OzTennis,
Sorry i seem to be going from one place to another, its just its all happening so quickly and i don't have a clue.
If you were just starting out and needed to find somewhere with our spec and nice place, either views or sea what would you suggest???
thanks Louise