melbourne rent?

Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:25 pm
Sarrob

Default melbourne rent?

Has anybody been to Sanctuary Lakes accommodation seems good and reasonably priced and golf is nearby

Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: melbourne rent?

we're renting in Sanctuary Lakes at the moment. What kind of thing do you want to know?

We love our house, my hubby plays golf, I (keep meaning to) go to the gym. Nice coffee shop by the lake (does a good salad and great gluten free pasta), the clubhouse has a couple of bars............

the golf memebership thing is pretty tricky though - the house we're renting comes with golf membership (strange how we just happen to be renting a house that comes with that huh?), they don't all though. And from othermembers we have found that the joiing fee is $A10k

Some people don't like living this side of the city - but we love it - its a growing suburb so we think that some of the stuff people worry about will only be improved over the next couple iof years.

Oh, we've just signed a 6 mopnth extension on our lease - that's how happy we are with life down here in Sanctuary Lakes. (You might also want to have a look at Manor Lakes, the Boulevard, Lincoln Heath and Innisfail - all estates pretty close to Sanctuary Lakes)
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Big Ellie! is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: melbourne rent?

Originally Posted by Sarrob
Has anybody been to Sanctuary Lakes accommodation seems good and reasonably priced and golf is nearby

If you haven't tried it already, www.slrs.com.au is a good website, which is updated daily with rental property for Sanctuary Lakes.

The area is hard to beat in terms of rental price and the size of properties. It all depends where you intend to work. Its about 20-25 minutes along the freeway into the city and about 20km out.

We considered living there, but I work east of the City and the early starts would have ground me down after a couple of months and caused flashbacks to my UK M62 days!!

Whilst the wider area is clearly in huge growth, there didn't yet seem to be many facilities or places of interest in the immediate area and the primary school at Boardwalk was a monster with 1000+ kids and plans for a second site later this year extending the numbers further!

Jamie
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam
we're renting in Sanctuary Lakes at the moment. What kind of thing do you want to know?

We love our house, my hubby plays golf, I (keep meaning to) go to the gym. Nice coffee shop by the lake (does a good salad and great gluten free pasta), the clubhouse has a couple of bars............

the golf memebership thing is pretty tricky though - the house we're renting comes with golf membership (strange how we just happen to be renting a house that comes with that huh?), they don't all though. And from othermembers we have found that the joiing fee is $A10k

Some people don't like living this side of the city - but we love it - its a growing suburb so we think that some of the stuff people worry about will only be improved over the next couple iof years.

Oh, we've just signed a 6 mopnth extension on our lease - that's how happy we are with life down here in Sanctuary Lakes. (You might also want to have a look at Manor Lakes, the Boulevard, Lincoln Heath and Innisfail - all estates pretty close to Sanctuary Lakes)
Largest marina in Victoria, is coming to Werribee soon as well 600 million dollars worth. Imagine what influence that will have on the west, along with the biggest shopping centre in Aussie coming at Hoopers crossing, a new hospital, and a prison (well it will attract workers)... And put up house prices.

Sanctuary lakes, in 12 years time, will be very very sought after.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:36 pm
Sarrob

Originally Posted by BenandPam

Thanks for the reply Ben and Pam we were just looking at property to rent and Sanctuary Lakes came up it sounds good the golf is expensive though!My wife is a secondary school teacher so where she gets a job is probably where we will rent for 6/12 months i am hoping to go self employed so can set up any were.Is there any secondary schools near by?

Old Feb 1st 2006, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about existing schools - there wouldhave to be a couple nearby as this is an area with lots of families. I believe they're building a new one in point cook gardens (about 2 mins drive from SL).

Have just had our first baby - so will be looking at schools soon!! Can find out more if you want though.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all

Hi.
Have you had a look at Patterson Lakes?, which is on the bay in the south east of the city on the way to Mornington Peninsula. I too have been trawling through ares to rent and have friends who live there who love it.
You have a lot more suberbs Around you and can rent similar houses to that
at S. Lakes for about the same price. And I am sure there are plent Golf Courses in that area also.