Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne and Perth accomodation??

Melbourne and Perth accomodation??

Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough
Default Melbourne and Perth accomodation??

Hi everyone...

We are all heading off to Melbourne and Perth for a reccie over xmas and new year and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of decent but reasonable accomodation. I am having real trouble at the moment!! Have been into the travel agents, going over and over brochures and just not getting anywhere!! The problem is that we have 3 children, which complicates things no end, so i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

We ideally need to be pretty central, and were planning to be in melbourne 20th dec until 29th, then head on to perth until 6th jan-any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Claire
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne and Perth accomodation??

Try CityStay apartments in Perth. They're geared for family from what I understand. Really central on Wellington St, right across from a shopping mall.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Hi Claire, which suburbs in Melbourne are you considering visiting on your reccie?
Old Sep 6th 2008, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

grevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by clairey b
Hi everyone...

We are all heading off to Melbourne and Perth for a reccie over xmas and new year and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of decent but reasonable accomodation. I am having real trouble at the moment!! Have been into the travel agents, going over and over brochures and just not getting anywhere!! The problem is that we have 3 children, which complicates things no end, so i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

We ideally need to be pretty central, and were planning to be in melbourne 20th dec until 29th, then head on to perth until 6th jan-any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Claire
Hi there

Unfortunately what with Xmas & the summer hols that's a busy time in Melbourne However, with 3 littlies, your best bet might be a serviced apartment. Have a look at the Quest web site for starters:

http://www.questhero.com.au/

I think there are several Quest apartment blocks well located for the center of Melbourne; if you search on Quest Melbourne there should be several to look at.

There's also a good choice of serviced apartments in South Yarra, which has a good tram & train link with the city (about 5 mins train ride to the CBD). Here's a couple:

http://www.apartmentsofsouthyarra.com.au/

http://www.darlingtowers.com.au/

Good luck & hope you all enjoy your trip!

G.