Vacuum Cleaners

Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:51 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Default Vacuum Cleaners

Sorry I know this subject has been done to death but -

for anyone who loves their upright Dyson or Maytag and is unable to take it to OZ this info may be of use.

I have just bought the Bissell upright - this machine is awsome. It is a special pet hair cleaning machine with special hair removing attachments. With an 1800 motor it is virtually self propelling.

As Dysons are so expensive over $1,000 this machine was a bargain at $399 with discount $339.

I am so impressed that I am now glad I left my old Maytag behind.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:53 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all
Default Re: Vacuum Cleaners

Why wouldn't you take your Dyson to Oz?

We brought our DC15 with us and just changed the plug, works fine.

Antney
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Antney

Antney
Let him down gently man.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:14 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Antney
Ah, the DC15 has a magno-coil - the one that can detect the reverse polarity in the earth's magnetic field in the southern hemisphere.

There are no others with this feature unfortunately i.e. your sucker becomes a blower on this side of the world.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:43 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Antney
Various reasons have been given on previous posts. Too old, want a new one etc..
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, funny you should be talking about Vacuum cleaners.

I'm sick of all the gunk that accumulates behind my entertainment centres and computer stations. Hence I was in the market for a high end handheld vac, Came up with this....http://www.petersofkensington.com.au...604961&cid=488

Retails at 299 bucks

Well blow me down, if Aldi, this week, dont go and do an almost exact replica, only difference I can see being the battery, not being lithium ion... Cost 49 bucks.... 900 watts cyclonic, no bags and lots of accessories.

Voila I've got my Fathers day pressie, and no more crap amongst all the wires behind my "systems"

Aldi to the rescue again.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:00 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

We brought our Dyson DC19 with us, (it's the one you pull along with you as you go) and i am so happy we did, its brilliant for getting in the corners and on the tiles. It has never lost any suction power, and it is also designed for pet hairs.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
We brought our Dyson DC19 with us, (it's the one you pull along with you as you go) and i am so happy we did, its brilliant for getting in the corners and on the tiles. It has never lost any suction power, and it is also designed for pet hairs.
How did you get every speck of dust off it?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Galah
Ah, the DC15 has a magno-coil - the one that can detect the reverse polarity in the earth's magnetic field in the southern hemisphere.

There are no others with this feature unfortunately i.e. your sucker becomes a blower on this side of the world.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:32 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Galah
your sucker becomes a blower on this side of the world.
That has some terrifying implications
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Two years ago, my brother bought Dyson $1220 in Auckland. And, I really don't think it's a user friendly machine - It's very very heavy to move around and often get tangled. apart from you don't have to buy a filter every now and then, what's so good about Dyson? Not a big fan of Yankee's stuff.

I have got a Miele Vacuum in Welly - it's $1000. It does a better job than the stupid Dyson.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sapphire3
How did you get every speck of dust off it?
With her vacuum.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Two years ago, my brother bought Dyson $1220 in Auckland. And, I really don't think it's a user friendly machine - It's very very heavy to move around and often get tangled. apart from you don't have to buy a filter every now and then, what's so good about Dyson? Not a big fan of Yankee's stuff.

I have got a Miele Vacuum in Welly - it's $1000. It does a better job than the stupid Dyson.
Totally concur. Rubbish they are.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Totally concur. Rubbish they are.
surely they are crap, aren't they? Whenever I visit home, Dyson drives me mad enough each time I use. sh!te :curse: and I blame my bro and ask Why hell on earth did you buy this xxxxing machine? I don't wanna vacuum here!

Don't bother buying Dyson. Get Miele. similar price better quality

Last edited by crap coffee; Sep 5th 2008 at 11:56 am.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by crap coffee
surely they are bloody crap, aren't they? Whenever I visit home, Dyson drives me very mad each time I use. sh!te :curse: and I blame my bro and ask Why hell on earth did you buy this xxxxing machine? I don't wanna vacuum here!

Don't bother buying Dyson. Get Miele. similar price better quality
"Calm down dear"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.