Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Interviews, its a funny old game

Melbourne Interviews, its a funny old game

Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Interviews, its a funny old game

So dave99, how are things?
Old Nov 28th 2013, 8:54 am
Just Joined

abc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud of

I agree that the main industries of Oz- mining, agriculture, tourism. However, the more they mined, the less they have in agriculturable lands. Once the china boom is over, will australia boom be over too? China is now sourcing materials from south amerca, africa and russia. I am not too optimistic about australia future and their tough migration law.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abc1
I agree that the main industries of Oz- mining, agriculture, tourism. However, the more they mined, the less they have in agriculturable lands. Once the china boom is over, will australia boom be over too? China is now sourcing materials from south amerca, africa and russia. I am not too optimistic about australia future and their tough migration law.
South America, Africa or Russia is where you need to be then

All these places are 1st world, western, democratic, have welfare systems, rule of law, great educational opportunities and state provided medical care

I'm sure you'll be happy there
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Its not just migrants that suffer from the local knowledge thing. I remember a long time ago when I moved from Sydney to Melbourne it was difficult to break into the job market. They wanted local knowledge.

Agencies are not just pushing one person for the job, they just want to fill it.

A lot of firms like gov department and local gov etc may have already decided on the candidate they want but they have to advertise the position due to laws and red tape. This is not fair to new candidates and a waste of time and money in my opinion but then powers that be have to be seen to be being fair.

Once you get into the market it then becomes much easier to change jobs and move around in Vic.

My friend's daughter, lawyer and my son Teacher both say that people are not moving jobs presently, there is not a lot around so its not just you, its anyone looking now.