Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne expats meet?

Melbourne expats meet?

Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:49 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bordy
Or The Village Green, corner of Springvale & Ferntree Gully Rd.
The name sounds good anyway - very Australian

Do they have a URL (I need to check the menu for veggie food, tho' I'm sure they'll have it...)?

Cheers
Anya.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:25 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Good Morning Melbourne!

YAY! Only 3 days to go, then we're on the plane!

Any more thoughts on the Expats Meet venue - what do people think of Bordy's Village People pub (or whatever it was called)?

Anya.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good Morning Melbourne!

Originally posted by anya4oz
YAY! Only 3 days to go, then we're on the plane!

Any more thoughts on the Expats Meet venue - what do people think of Bordy's Village People pub (or whatever it was called)?

Anya.

I'm not coming as a builder or policeman, even for you Anya. :scared:
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:56 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Damn!!

Anya.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

I've started the packing for the validation trip today.

Should I pop a few village people outfits into the suitcase? At least it will be easy to spot you at the meet....My husband will be the construction worker. I'll be the police woman & little 'G' the Red Indian Beats carnations!!!
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:34 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by Caroline G
I've started the packing for the validation trip today.

Should I pop a few village people outfits into the suitcase? At least it will be easy to spot you at the meet....My husband will be the construction worker. I'll be the police woman & little 'G' the Red Indian Beats carnations!!!
Packing? Very well-organised... haven't started mine yet. When do you fly? We go on Friday.

VP outfits sound good - I will have to work on my mustache

Anya.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Packing? Very well-organised... haven't started mine yet. When do you fly? We go on Friday.

VP outfits sound good - I will have to work on my mustache

Anya.
Flying Thurs eve from LHR. Trouble is I put things in the case and then 'little G' takes 'em out. We'll probably get to Melb and find that most of the important stuff is in the toy box at home....
Old Apr 27th 2004, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Flying Thurs eve from LHR. Trouble is I put things in the case and then 'little G' takes 'em out. We'll probably get to Melb and find that most of the important stuff is in the toy box at home....
Make sure you bring some warm waterproof clothing. It's going to be cold and wet right through next week. There's snow on the hills already

Regards
Old Apr 27th 2004, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jaykay
Make sure you bring some warm waterproof clothing. It's going to be cold and wet right through next week. There's snow on the hills already

Regards
Thanks will do. I've packed one pair of shorts just in case (I'm an optimist!)

Where's the best place to buys kids wellies in Melb. Just bought little G his new pair of summer shoes (gone up one & a half sizes in a matter of weeks!! ) but they're gonna get wet by the sounds of it...and all the shops here have their summer stuff in.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Thanks will do. I've packed one pair of shorts just in case (I'm an optimist!)

Where's the best place to buys kids wellies in Melb. Just bought little G his new pair of summer shoes (gone up one & a half sizes in a matter of weeks!! ) but they're gonna get wet by the sounds of it...and all the shops here have their summer stuff in.
KMart is probably your best bet. Saw loads of them in there last week. They've got these really cool ones with handles on the sides now so kids can pull them on easily.

Regards
Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jaykay
KMart is probably your best bet. Saw loads of them in there last week. They've got these really cool ones with handles on the sides now so kids can pull them on easily.

Regards
Thanks Jaykay - getting quite excited about these funky wellies now...

Well, back to the original thread we leave our house tomorrow at 5pm so need to know where/when we should be in Melbourne.

Have we settled on Sat 8th May at Bordy's Village pub? Plse someone make a decision

Last edited by Caroline G; Apr 28th 2004 at 7:14 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 4:42 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Thanks Jaykay - getting quite excited about this funky wellies now...

Well, back to the original thread we leave our house tomorrow at 5pm so need to know where/when we should be in Melbourne.

Have we settled on Sat 8th May at Bordy's Village pub? Plse someone make a decision
OK I'll try!!

So far, the following peeps have expressed an interest:

Anya & Mr Anya
Badge & Mrs Badge
The Booboos
Johanne
Bordy & Mrs Bordy & poss offspring
Caroline G & Hubby & babe
Jaykay & ???

That's about 14-20? people incl. kiddies if everyone comes along. Is there only one bar/restaurant, so at least we'll all go to the same place?

Do we need to book a table? If so, please could someone local do it? Maybe as 'The Expats Party' so we can all find each other - I don't know what any of you look like!

What about meeting there at 12:00 midday on Sat 8 May?

Look forward to meeting as many folk as can make it!

Anya.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:12 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

OK I'll try!!

So far, the following peeps have expressed an interest:

Anya & Mr Anya
Badge & Mrs Badge
The Booboos
Johanne
Bordy & Mrs Bordy & poss offspring
Caroline G & Hubby & babe
Jaykay & ???

That's about 14-20? people incl. kiddies if everyone comes along. Is there only one bar/restaurant, so at least we'll all go to the same place?

Do we need to book a table? If so, please could someone local do it? Maybe as 'The Expats Party' so we can all find each other - I don't know what any of you look like!

What about meeting there at 12:00 midday on Sat 8 May?

Look forward to meeting as many folk as can make it!

Anya.
Midday at the Village Green sounds good to me.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:18 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Midday at the Village Green sounds good to me.
OK, so will you wear your kilt then, so we can recognise you ?

(or even carrying a Scottish flag would do, as the Expats haven't gotten round to designing their own flag yet...)

Anya.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:33 pm
The Godfather

OK, so will you wear your kilt then, so we can recognise you ?

(or even carrying a Scottish flag would do, as the Expats haven't gotten round to designing their own flag yet...)

Anya.
I might just do that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.