Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Melbourne Curry Conundrum!

The Melbourne Curry Conundrum!

Old Jan 8th 2012, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Melbourne Curry Conundrum!

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980
Ok so since posting the thread and hearing everyone's feedback I ventured out for a curry tonight. Now it had been my intention to try Krishna's that was getting mentioned several times. (which incidentally is more Cheltenham than Sandringham way), but looking at the menu online, despite seeing loads of great reviews, I'm not a fan of meat on the bone, so gave it a swerve. Another other one in Bayside near me that got a mention; Bombay Nights, is closed till later in the month and the others people mentioned were a bit out of my way to venture to. So went on Urbanspoon and found one next to Ripponlea station (classed as Elsternwick apparently) which had had some great reviews and it was the best curry I've had in Melbourne so far. The place was called Bala Da Dhaba. Had a prawn madras and the Delhi Chicken Curry. Good flavours and good cuts of meat. Thought the Madras wasn't quite cooked to my UK liking so not quite perfect, but was good enough. Will just try a different curry next time, but same place me thinks.....
Been there a few times and it's not bad, had a takeaway once that was really horrible, i think they had an accident and tipped sugar in, it was so incredibly sweet i could not eat it.