Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne CBD After Work Drinks Friday 16th MAY

Melbourne CBD After Work Drinks Friday 16th MAY

Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Melbourne CBD After Work Drinks Friday 16th MAY

Hi

If anyone else is up for another one here goes. The more the merrier and there are no clicky groups in this club. Singles/ couples or mates very welcome, new or old.

venue: Charles Dickens Pub

time: 8pm Onwards (Note, this is a new time as ive started my shop)if anyone wants to get there early its fine by me, you just have to sort each other out
Date : Friday 16th May

Walk in and ask the barman where the egnglish are. He will direct you if you cant find us

The bar is on collins street. It is almost on the corner of elizabeth and collins street. It is between swanston and elizsabeth street on the same side as a big arcade called "Australia on Collins" which also has a novotel.

If you get lost, get on to collins/elizabeth street junction and ask where the charles dickens pub is, itll be about 20 yards from you. If very stuck ask a cabbie outside the novotel as there is a taxi rank there, but most people who work round there know the charles dickens pub. The novotel is about 4 doors down from the arcade with the pub(bourke arcade)

Its just inside a little arcade and generally has an A Board on the street bearing the pubs name. Photos show what the front of the bar looks like on the street.

I have a grade zero haircut (which is uncommon in the city) and a big scar on the back of my head.

And i dont look like a city worker. Ill watch out for people looking left and right when they come in. Its only a small bar so dont be scared of not being seen.

If you are stuck ask ZOK the barman where the english lot are, he knows us now.

Welcome one welcome all.

Anyone on their own and a bit shy, give me a PM and ill pm you my mobile for the night so you can call me and i can tell you were we are.

Al
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Motorbikeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne CBD After Work Drinks Friday 16th MAY

Brilliant!

Been following your meet ups for while in my run up to coming to Melbourne...

I leave in 2 days and can't wait. Would be great to come and join you if thats okay as i'm a lone traveller?!?!?

See you there

Thanks Mr A
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Motorbikeman
Brilliant!

Been following your meet ups for while in my run up to coming to Melbourne...

I leave in 2 days and can't wait. Would be great to come and join you if thats okay as i'm a lone traveller?!?!?

See you there

Thanks Mr A
Have a friggin good trip

ARE YOU STOPPING OFF ANYWHERE ON THE WAY?

No probs mate the more the merrier

Ive pm d you my mobile if you get lost or are there on your own before me, or if you cant spot me/us.

Especially if you are a biker too

Mines an R6

Are you gonna get/bring one here

Al
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:25 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

What about SCOTTISH folks then???

Yup, add me and the hubster. We'll be there about 7pm probobly. Defo this time.

*pearly* and david.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onepearlyb

*pearly* and david.
Half the pub ius bloody scottish so its easy to find the english lol

al
Old Apr 27th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onepearlyb

*pearly* and david.
Did you know its starting at 8pm this time, unless someone else can and wants to get there early and meet others.

Al
Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Ada07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant future

I'm putting my name down before the usual suspects, Shazmac and Mags 3!!!!Come on girlies, you're slacking!!!
Old Apr 27th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of

me and the mrs will be there will be there mate. see if ting-tong is still in the dickens too
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:46 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
Hi

If anyone else is up for another one here goes. The more the merrier and there are no clicky groups in this club. Singles/ couples or mates very welcome, new or old.

venue: Charles Dickens Pub

time: 8pm Onwards (Note, this is a new time as ive started my shop)if anyone wants to get there early its fine by me, you just have to sort each other out
Date : Friday 16th May

Al

I'll be there at 2 pm
Old Apr 27th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I'll be there at 2 pm

On wednesday LOL
Old Apr 27th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neil_hick
me and the mrs will be there will be there mate. see if ting-tong is still in the dickens too

Forgot about ting tong. LOL

Brilliant
Old Apr 27th 2008, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson (alan)
Motorbikeman
ada07
onepearlyb (pearly and david)
Margaret3
Neil_hick and missus
Old Apr 27th 2008, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

could someone come on and persuade my OH to come and tell him they'll be lots of talk about of football
Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:19 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

could someone come on and persuade my OH to come and tell him they'll be lots of talk about of football

There's a strong possibility David will talk endlessly about it - if someone/anyone will listen! I DON'T.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

Will make it this time....& happy just to talk football -especially if Crystal Palace make the play off finals!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.