Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne or Brisbane ??

Melbourne or Brisbane ??

Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Default Melbourne or Brisbane ??

Hi guys planning to move to aus in feb and wondering if i should go to brisbane or melbourne. coming with dad aged 67 and daughter aged 4y. pls let me know your recommendations

<edit>

looking for a peaceful life with daughter and dad. good education for her. warm climate. (i mean prefer the one with the warmer one) . as for jobs i am in to oracle, but willing to do anything that will help me to manage my family. parks, beaches would be nice. i am not in to night life, so that wouldnt matter.

Last edited by mala; Dec 9th 2010 at 8:58 am.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne or Brisbane ??

Originally Posted by mala
Hi guys planning to move to aus in feb and wondering if i should go to brisbane or melbourne. coming with dad aged 67 and daughter aged 4y. pls let me know your recommendations
It rains loads in Brisbane. Go to Melbourne.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It rains loads in Brisbane. Go to Melbourne.
everyday ??????
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It rains loads in Brisbane.
Not a good start for your motorcycle adventure in Brissy with all this rain mate

To the OP, I think you need to give them more info as to what you are after like, if you prefer beaches, culture, less humidity but colder winter or vice versa, type of work, etc.

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by B1K3R
Not a good start for your motorcycle adventure in Brissy with all this rain mate

To the OP, I think you need to give them more info as to what you are after like, if you prefer beaches, culture, less humidity but colder winter or vice versa, type of work, etc.

Cheers
B!K3R
yes you are right thanks mate
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

everyday ??????
Hasn't rained for two days.

yes you are right thanks mate

Good advice from biker.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

I think there will be more Oracle jobs in Melbourne. Brisbane is warmer though. Brisbane is quiet, so it would tick that box. I think Melbourne is probably a little busier but not crazy like Sydney.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve2009
I think there will be more Oracle jobs in Melbourne.
I did a search in Seek.com for Oracle.

Brisbane 550 jobs
Melbourne 1585 jobs.

Obviously this was a generic search for Oracle.

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sigh... then i get the accommodation problem again!!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

sigh... then i get the accommodation problem again!!
What's the accommodation problem?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

in brisbane i have a friend who could help me find a place to stay... but in melb.. i only have my ex... and no i dont think i should depend on him to find one for us
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

I think if you are looking for a more relaxed pace of life then Brisbane is just that. That goes part and parcel with a smaller choice of jobs. What type of Oracle jobs are you looking for?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B1K3R
I did a search in Seek.com for Oracle.

Brisbane 550 jobs
Melbourne 1585 jobs.

Obviously this was a generic search for Oracle.

Cheers
B!K3R
Shame you can't search for number of applicants as well....would be great to be able to tell which place had more jobs vs people going for them as this matters far more than just raw number of jobs available.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

I think if you are looking for a more relaxed pace of life then Brisbane is just that. That goes part and parcel with a smaller choice of jobs. What type of Oracle jobs are you looking for?
i am a developer for oracle e business suite actually .. sql, pl/sql, xml, d2k , report developer..
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you are looking for a more relaxed pace of life then Brisbane is just that.
Melbourne is no different...it comes down entirely to which part of the city you choose to live in.

In my experience, work life for an IT person in the 2 cities is virtually the same, Brisbane is no more laid back. And Melbourne's suburbs are no less relaxed than Brisbane's...but also with so much more on offer in the city itself.

Getting around Melbourne is easier (and more relaxed then I guess). Brisbane's traffic is horrendous at times.

Climate might be the deal breaker, if warm all year round is required, go to Qld.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.