Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne is the best...

Melbourne is the best...

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold
Smile Melbourne is the best...

I'm sure this is going to get me in real trouble for mentioning this but for anyone trying to decide where to live in Australia, Melbourne has just been voted Australia's Number 1 city....
http://www.theage.com.au/news/NATION...593192870.html
Go on, I bet I get abuse for this thread...
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 4:45 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne is the best...

Originally Posted by Matt Sabin
I'm sure this is going to get me in real trouble for mentioning this but for anyone trying to decide where to live in Australia, Melbourne has just been voted Australia's Number 1 city....
Right there with ya mate. Dont need a news article to tell me this though
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Right there with ya mate. Dont need a news article to tell me this though
MY daughter is in Melbourne at the moment,she is 21,and staying at the backpackers in the cilty.
She is having a good time, but she rang me the other night and said "WA is the best" phew !!! Im so pleased, I miss her.
She prefers our Bunbury.
I cant really comment myself having never been. But im a country girl myself.
I am looking forward to coming over one day though.
Glad you are happy, that all that matters.
Denise
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Sssh, they'll all want to come here
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thribble
Sssh, they'll all want to come here
Oops sorry. Listen up everyone, it's terrible here, honest. It's raining today and there's lots of other bad things like.... well it's raining anyway...and that's awful. Go somewhere else - I don't think it rains much in Alice Springs...
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:58 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Melbourne is the best...

These are one of the methods of advertisment.Melbourne have 4 different seasons in a single day.It rains a lot and very windy in winter.Melbourne city consists of total 6 streets in parellel and 6 streets in perpendicular.Unless and until you want to survive your living over government support or you are a nurse, its a fact that Melbourne have no jobs.Most of the city is populated with students only and student jobs such as taxi driving or security guarding.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smurtaza
These are one of the methods of advertisment.Melbourne have 4 different seasons in a single day.It rains a lot and very windy in winter.Melbourne city consists of total 6 streets in parellel and 6 streets in perpendicular.Unless and until you want to survive your living over government support or you are a nurse, its a fact that Melbourne have no jobs.Most of the city is populated with students only and student jobs such as taxi driving or security guarding.
Oh OK. That's true - that's another negative for anyone thinking of coming to Melbourne - it's just full of nurses and students... not a single professional to be seen. There are some taxi drivers by all accounts (presumably to drive the students home after a night out when it's raining) and some security guards (to make sure the students don't have fights probably) but otherwise that's it. Just a big city of students and nurses...
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Comparing the 6 Innercity Sts from King through to Exhbition, and Latrobe down to Flinders is a bit like saying London only consists of the square mile... From Aldgate through to St Pauls, and London wall down to Cannon St..

As for Jobs, I'd wager there were more than a 1,500 advertised in Saturdays age.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:32 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Oh OK. That's true - that's another negative for anyone thinking of coming to Melbourne - it's just full of nurses and students... not a single professional to be seen. There are some taxi drivers by all accounts (presumably to drive the students home after a night out when it's raining) and some security guards (to make sure the students don't have fights probably) but otherwise that's it. Just a big city of students and nurses...
Its doesn't qualify(Melbourne CBD) to be called a big city with total 6 street in perpendicular and 6 streets in parallel. Melbourne CBD have nothing to offer in comparison with Sydney CBD.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Comparing the 6 Innercity Sts from King through to Exhbition, and Latrobe down to Flinders is a bit like saying London only consists of the square mile... From Aldgate through to St Pauls, and London wall down to Cannon St..

As for Jobs, I'd wager there were more than a 1,500 advertised in Saturdays age.
Yes 15,000 jobs with each job advetised by 10 recruitment agencies simultaneously. Melbourne CBD is a lot smaller than Sydney CBD
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Its doesn't qualify(Melbourne CBD) to be called a big city with total 6 street in perpendicular and 6 streets in parallel. Melbourne CBD have nothing to offer in comparison with Sydney CBD.

I dont know the Boundaries of Sydneys CBD..... is it from Town hall through to the bay and Kings cross over to star city ? Because thats about the same size I would have thought ?
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

I dont know the Boundaries of Sydneys CBD..... is it from Town hall through to the bay and Kings cross over to star city ? Because thats about the same size I would have thought ?
Like it - come on everyone...let's hear it. Melbourne vs. Sydney - no comparison by all accounts, except Sydney's got an opera house and plans for the building of a rival Melbourne Opera House in the Docklands have apparently been scrapped for plans to build more shops and restaurants. Good job I like eating and drinking more than the opera then... so that's it... Melbourne's the best. End of story...
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Like it - come on everyone...let's hear it. Melbourne vs. Sydney - no comparison by all accounts, except Sydney's got an opera house and plans for the building of a rival Melbourne Opera House in the Docklands have apparently been scrapped for plans to build more shops and restaurants. Good job I like eating and drinking more than the opera then... so that's it... Melbourne's the best. End of story...
Nope we are getting one of those whopping great ferris wheels though.... LOL that will put us on the map....think of all the jobs for students to operate the damn thing.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Nope we are getting one of those whopping great ferris wheels though.... LOL that will put us on the map....think of all the jobs for students to operate the damn thing.
True - very true. We may need some more nurses though in case anyone falls off it...
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

True - very true. We may need some more nurses though in case anyone falls off it...
That'll be a job for me then!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.