Melbourne

Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:18 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne

Having just returned after a 2 week visit i'm not sure about the place at all.I really cant see what all the fuss is about.Dont get me wrong there was certain area's (mainly in the outer suburbs) that i liked and some of the beaches were good but apart from that..........

Am i missing something? i know we only went for a couple of weeks and cant expect to get a real insight.

Ive heard that Melbourne grows on you....i really hope thats true

Lee

( even more confused after our trip than i was before we went ! )
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:20 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Having just returned after a 2 week visit i'm not sure about the place at all.I really cant see what all the fuss is about.Dont get me wrong there was certain area's (mainly in the outer suburbs) that i liked and some of the beaches were good but apart from that..........

Am i missing something? i know we only went for a couple of weeks and cant expect to get a real insight.

Lee

It's not for everyone mate, maybe you should have visited more places on your recce so that you could compare.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:23 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
It's not for everyone mate, maybe you should have visited more places on your recce so that you could compare.
Would have loved to but didnt have the time (or the money)

onwards and upwards

Lee
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:32 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Would have loved to but didnt have the time (or the money)

onwards and upwards

Lee
which bits did you like and dis-like?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:36 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Lee

gotta say I wasn't impressed with melbourne when I went over although I only had one day there the rest of my time was spent on the mornington penninsula (which is absolutely gorgeous) and the great ocean road
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:37 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

which bits did you like and dis-like?
Didnt care much as you got towards the CBD (just as well cos i cant afford it anyway)I actually liked it miles away in Berwick.Going north i found Eltham very nice.We were staying in Croydon and that was quite pleasant.

I think i deffo prefer the 'leafier' parts of town as opposed to the inner suburbs.

Lee
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:39 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by paul30
gotta say I wasn't impressed with melbourne

And you live in Blackpool !!!

Lee
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:42 pm

Didnt care much as you got towards the CBD (just as well cos i cant afford it anyway)I actually liked it miles away in Berwick.Going north i found Eltham very nice.We were staying in Croydon and that was quite pleasant.

I think i deffo prefer the 'leafier' parts of town as opposed to the inner suburbs.

Lee
I agree, did you go to the Dandenongs?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:42 pm
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

And you live in Blackpool !!!

Lee
and never said I was impressed with blackpool either
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:44 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

I agree, did you go to the Dandenongs?
i went on puffing billy if that counts

choo choooooooooooo

Lee
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:46 pm
Beach Bum

i went on puffing billy if that counts

choo choooooooooooo

Lee
missed that when I was there too busy feeding the parrots/lorikeets
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:55 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Personally speaking, I didn't/haven't fallen in love with Melbourne. It's not got the impact a city like say Sydney has which immediately gets under your skin. That said, it's a fabulous city to live in, there's always something going on and I learn to enjoy it more all the time.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=herrchook;59 and I learn to enjoy it more all the time.[/QUOTE]

Think thats it gill, its about learning to live your life in a different way, also getting clued up to whats going on where in mellie, must admit, there's nothing i like more than going to the park with a picnic now, how boring is that, but there wasnt much opportunity in rainy ole scotland, oh yes the parks there are much better, but the weather aint!!

Also teen on a friday night goes to the footy at the mcg with her mates, now she would never have done summit like that in scotland, although she hasnt a clue about it, its about her joining in with her aussie mates. She quite often goes out for summit to eat with them, or a hot=chocolate or summit, and i know for a fact most of her mates in scotland are now going to pubs/clubs and learning how to get pissed!!, am not saying aussie teens dont do that, they just dont have as much opportunity!!!

Last edited by Margaret3; Feb 28th 2008 at 9:21 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

The social standards seem to lower in Melbourne.

I once went to see a game of cricket at the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground for those playing at home) and was appalled by the poor behavior of most people and it was only midday. There were ladies and children everywhere and the group of Melbourne bogans next to us were constantly using the "c" and "f" word in every sentence at the top of their lungs.

I politely asked them to refrain, they just looked shocked that someone actually asked them to tone it down.

Of course they continued. So we moved to the other side of the ground only to experience the same problem.

I've been to the SCG (Sydney) and GABBA (brisbane) to watch cricket and never experienced such a problem. Sure you over hear the odd verbal, but it's not constant.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:42 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Lee

I'm getting the feeling that you shouldn't migrate to Melbourne.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.