Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Old May 12th 2007, 9:36 pm
GOT IT!!! 139 12/04/07

The Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant future
Default Re: Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Hi Folks,

Sorry we didn't get to meet everyone. We only stayed for an hour and only spoke to a couple of people. Think if we had stayed a bit longer we would have got over our initial shyness.

Had to go cos our kids were playing up. It was our eldest's birthday yesterday so both kids were high on too much cakes and sweets. Normally we can take the anywhere (honest). We have both been bad with colds aswell the past week so we just didnt have the patience for it today.

We went to the Old Brickworks on the way home and let the kids run mad in the soft play area between courses. Perhaps that might be good place for the next meet? Only 10 mins from The Old Mill and will give the parents more opportunity to chat.

We bumped into Shelly (Shelly0508) and co in Morley ASDA on the way home. Small world Eh? They only live a couple of miles from us.

Any Whoo, Thanks to all for coming and hope to get to see/chat to you all before we fly out.

Jamie
Old May 13th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hello to all
We also had a great time, a big thanks to Caroline for arranging it
Hope that we can arrange something else before we all make the big move and then we can have another meet, on the other side.
Good luck to all of you who are still waiting, or just starting out.
Paula
Old May 13th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Hi to everyone we met yesterday.

We had a really great time . I think we were all a tad apprehensive my OH especially - not that you could tell as he never shut up, but there's another story....... seriously though, it was great that everyone got on so well. Even the kids really enjoyed it (moody 8yr old incl - she didn't want to leave). We'd definitely be up for another meet. One with a play centre would be ideal - brickworks might be a soloution. Somewhere the kids are entertained and we can all have a natter.

Anyway just wanted to say thank you to you all, Caroline for arranging it and Miranda for talking to me otherwise we'd have probably sat in a corner pretending to be shy for the afternoon .

Shelley
Old May 13th 2007, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Lylesie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Hi everyone,
Seems strange to be able to put faces to web names.
Thanks for a really good time yesterday and thanks to Caroline for arranging it,even though i dont think we actually met, hopefully next time we will.
Found out some really interesting pointers on how to go about things and what to do next. Kids seemed a bit more open to the posibility of going which is a big step for us.
I think meeting at different place next time would be a fab idea and i dont think any of us will need any encouragment to go somewhere else!!

Thanks again
Regards
Helen & Alan
Old May 13th 2007, 11:45 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheli0508
Hi Loz,

Where about's in Wakefield are you from. We live in Rothwell at the mo but used to live in Lofthouse - OH is from Stanley.

How long have you been in Brisbane - what can you share with all us eager beavers still stuck in the uk...

Shelley
Hi Shelley sorry I didn't reply sooner just seen your post We moved here in October 2006 from Flanshaw in Wakefield and really love it. If you have any questions just send me a pm and I will try to answer them. Hubbies brother and family have been here for nearly 5 years and they lived in Stanley and his Mum and Dad came out with us and they were from Wrenthorpe.
Good luck with the process and let me know if I can help in any way

Loz x
Old May 31st 2007, 9:03 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

Hi all can we come next time?
We (myself, hubby, 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter) live in Pudsey and are hoping to move to Oz next Sept/Oct time although not started visa yet as going out later this year for hubby to attend some interveiws, will be going on the employer nominated sponsored visa all being well
Would love to meet you all.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:27 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Hi all Didn't manage to make the last meet unfortunately I had to work and was down south at the time.
I was wondering if there may be another meet sometime in the near future.