Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

meds requested and sent what next?

meds requested and sent what next?

Old Nov 14th 2005, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

michelle-leicester-perth is on a distinguished road
Default meds requested and sent what next?

hi all we sent our meds unrequested and they have crossed in the post with the c/o request, just as we hoped, but what now, does this mean if we pass the meds we get the visa, and how do we actually get the visas, do we have to go to london, or are they electronic like holiday ones or what!

please help! dont really want to go to london, it to expensive , we are only bloody saving for our new life in aus you know hehe!

anyway if you know the lateset way the immi are issueing skilled visas plaese advise
thanks from michelle x
Old Nov 14th 2005, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: meds requested and sent what next?

sorry you guys i know this is really an immigration question but there allways only 2 people on there and i thought you lot were in the know!! give us some help please buds!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 2:03 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: meds requested and sent what next?

Originally Posted by michelle-leicester-perth
sorry you guys i know this is really an immigration question but there allways only 2 people on there and i thought you lot were in the know!! give us some help please buds!
Calm

The next thing is that you will get your visa grant. You then send postally your passports to the High Commission in London (assuming thats where you wanted them issued on the form - most do in the UK). They affix a sticker visa in your passport about the size of a page and send it back.

You then have a nice shiny PR visa in your passport and can now come and get a suntan
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Centurion
Calm

The next thing is that you will get your visa grant. You then send postally your passports to the High Commission in London (assuming thats where you wanted them issued on the form - most do in the UK). They affix a sticker visa in your passport about the size of a page and send it back.

You then have a nice shiny PR visa in your passport and can now come and get a suntan
We only had to wait 7 weeks rather than the 12 they estimate, so you might be celebrating sooner than you think ! Good luck, my fingers are crossed.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

oh thank you so much guys!! ooohhh cant wait now !!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:25 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

See my timeline below.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:06 am
Just Joined

micha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michelle-leicester-perth
hi all we sent our meds unrequested and they have crossed in the post with the c/o request, just as we hoped, but what now, does this mean if we pass the meds we get the visa, and how do we actually get the visas, do we have to go to london, or are they electronic like holiday ones or what!

please help! dont really want to go to london, it to expensive , we are only bloody saving for our new life in aus you know hehe!

anyway if you know the lateset way the immi are issueing skilled visas plaese advise
thanks from michelle x
sorry to be nosey but
we have just sent our application away 2 weeks ago...
how long have you waited for med requests?
its so stressfull the not knowing whats going to happen i feel like everything is on hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

micha