Medibank

Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

petetheringer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medibank

My wife and I are shortly to move to Oz on Retirement Visa and need medical insurance. Has anyone any experience - good or bad - about Medibank?
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medibank

Originally Posted by petetheringer
My wife and I are shortly to move to Oz on Retirement Visa and need medical insurance. Has anyone any experience - good or bad - about Medibank?
We have taken out the Medibank extras cover and that is good. Had no experience of the full cover though.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Fardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the rough

Medibank are probably the largest fund and are owned by the Government, but will probably be sold once the govt hikes premiums sufficiently to make them a "good buy". So they offer "solidity" - but my experience with them years ago was that service was average, it's probably improved.

My suggestion would be :

1) You buy a subscription to choice.com.au * (non profit consumer organisation) which does a regular comparison of funds - value etc., Choose your likely funds to cover you , then ..

2) Use iselect.com.au to compare rates AND any waiting periods

* also useful when it comes to choosing any whitegoods or other items you need to buy when you land. Think it costs $13 per quarter

Originally Posted by petetheringer
Old Nov 17th 2005, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we are 410ers with Medibank. We have all the extras (total cost just over $5000 pa) and it's very good. We just had $2400 of dental work and it paid $1600 of that! We have to pay the first $28 of every prescription. It pays for doctor's visits and procedures, eye checks as well as the hospital cover.

Lesley