Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds Requested question - HELP!!

Meds Requested question - HELP!!

Old May 1st 2004, 10:03 am
I never gave up trying

gunnercaz is on a distinguished road
Default Meds Requested question - HELP!!

Hi all - Been away working last week....sis looking after house and she txt's me to say you've had a yellow envelope arrive!!!!!....Well it was the request for my medicals and police clearance letter....my god its finally happening for me!

Question is.....I hope to go to Oz on my own and stay with family over in Oz.

I have my own place and none of my family here in England live with me. On my skilled Independant application form (136), I put my mum and dad, brother and sis on the form(Form 47sk - Page 10 'Details of other family members', even though none of them have applied to go to Oz.

But on the "Medical Instructions for offshore applicants" - that dimmia sent me last week they say...."You and all members of your family unit, regardless of whether or not they are migrating with you, must undergo a medical (clinical) examination".

Do they have to do a medical with me.....Why?? My sis and I live in Derby and my parents and bruv live in Northampton.....Why are they being asked to do a medical....or I am I reading the form wrong??

Finally anybody living in Derby undergone a medical in Notts??? If so where did you go???

Any help would be appreciated!

Old May 1st 2004, 10:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds Requested question - HELP!!

Originally posted by gunnercaz
Hi all - Been away working last week....sis looking after house and she txt's me to say you've had a yellow envelope arrive!!!!!....Well it was the request for my medicals and police clearance letter....my god its finally happening for me!

I have my own place and none of my family here in England live with me. On my skilled Independant application form (136), I put my mum and dad, brother and sis on the form(Form 47sk - Page 10 'Details of other family members', even though none of them have applied to go to Oz.

But on the "Medical Instructions for offshore applicants" - that dimmia sent me last week they say...."You and all members of your family unit, regardless of whether or not they are migrating with you, must undergo a medical (clinical) examination".

Do they have to do a medical with me.....Why?? My sis and I live in Derby and my parents and bruv live in Northampton.....Why are they being asked to do a medical....or I am I reading the form wrong??

Finally anybody living in Derby undergone a medical in Notts??? If so where did you go???

You're reading it wrong. Medicals are needed for you, your spouse & your children.
Old May 1st 2004, 10:06 am
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gunnercaz

It applies to partner and children so don't worry, unless you have children who are or are not travelling with you.

Julian
Old May 1st 2004, 10:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mad as cheese
It applies to partner and children so don't worry, unless you have children who are or are not travelling with you.

Julian
I agree with this.
I think you are reading it wrong GC.

I live in Derbyshire and had my meds done in Nottingham.

PM me if you want details

Good luck

G
Old May 1st 2004, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

They mean your dependents, like children etc.

Tracey.
Old May 1st 2004, 12:27 pm
I never gave up trying

gunnercaz is on a distinguished road
Default cheers for help

Its been a long week away from home - Cheers for your help everybody...I'm not panicing......really! :-)
Old May 1st 2004, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

astone is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]
Hi Gunnercaz
We are living in Derby. We have got our medicals next week at Nuffield Hospital in Notts, this was the only place on the recommended list near here. We have had to wait for 3 weeks because they have had so many requests for medicals so get in quick.
Astone