Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds and how easy they are!

Wikiposts

Meds and how easy they are!

Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:00 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wombatboy
Nice one, you were doing well till you had to mention that you werent over weight.

PS If you want to see where all the skinny people hang out and stare at eachother then go to Manly Beach on Saturday.
They were down at Bondi this morning. Beautiful mornings this week. Shame I am off to work in 10.

Even more scary is glamarama. Way to much @n*l floss.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jandjuk
and actually while I'm here, I think I actually agree with the gist Don's comments here!

as I've said before elsewhere, I'm overweight and have been all my life (at some points a lot). (if that's relevant). But I no longer feel insecure about it, because, well there's nothing to feel insecure about.

There are many reasons why someone can be overweight, as PP explained. But, whatever the reasons, there is still only ONE PERSON who controls the situation. And that's the person who's overweight.

yes you can be insecure about - you can be depressed about it - it can be bloody hard to do anything about it. But nothing changes the fact that there is only one person who can do something about it - and it is also true that it is in that persons best interests to do something about it.

Going on about the reasons for being overweight achieves nothing. the point is that they need to do something about it. (which I think, most people on this thread have said they do).

Anyway, I felt the need to support Don's comments - because I happen to agree more him that some of the other posters on this thread. and I'm not drunk at all (although I did have a nice big bowl of chocolate cake and icecream before )

Hmmm..very interesting Jon..

So in actual fact, what you are saying is, its perfectly acceptable to be rude and personally abusive to someone because of the shape of their body, yet its NOT ok to return the "favour" ????

Not once have i ever said that eating less and excercising is not the right way to lose weight and never will, because its true!!....but why do people think its totally fair game to be rude and abusive to anyone who is large just because they are!?????

As for going on about the reasons for being overweight acheiving nothing..thats crap!!..how can you ever resolve a problem like this if you have no idea why you let it happen in the first place?

People with weight problems need help and encouragement...not constant daily abuse and mickey taking. Yes it is that persons responsibility to do something about it. Of ours eit is. But dealing with a big problem is much easier to achieve with help and support form others instead of ridicule and hatred towards them.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

Originally posted by podgypossum

People with weight problems need help and encouragement...not constant daily abuse and mickey taking. Yes it is that persons responsibility to do something about it. Of ours eit is. But dealing with a big problem is much easier to achieve with help and support form others instead of ridicule and hatred towards them.
i say deal with it! People call me baldy all the time and the first few times I felt offended - but then you realise "Hey I cant change who I am so f**k them I dont care" and you just get on with things.

People are always going to tease people who look different - I think it's an state of human nature to joke at other peoples expense.

Just deal with it and get on with your life
Old Mar 25th 2004, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Well done on loosing 2 stone !!

I love to read weight loss success stories, can you PM me as to how long you did WW for and have you tried any other slimming plans?

Thanks
Gill {currently doing Slimming World}