Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

All the girls love a gangsta

All the girls love a gangsta

Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:28 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default All the girls love a gangsta

A bit tragic really:

http://news.com.au/common/story_page...%255E2,00.html

UNDERWORLD figure Andrew Veniamin was mourned today by female admirers.

Today's Herald Sun newspaper contains long outpourings of grief for the man nicknamed "Benji" who was suspected of being responsible for five gangland killings in Melbourne.

Most notices come from women who declared their love for the suspected hitman, shot at La Porcella restaurant near the famous Lygon Street restaurant strip in Carlton on Tuesday.

A woman called Iva said she had spent every day of the last few weeks with Veniamin.

"Andrew, we met 12 years ago, in the last few weeks we spent every day together," the message said.

"In one of our conversations, you said whatever happens with us, you want to be part of my life forever and you will."

Another female friend, Ebony, said "Benji" was her life.

"I never thought someone I used to be so scared of, could turn out to be my oxygen," the message said.

"Despite what everyone thought of me, you stood by me. You were my life Benji. I Love you."

In yet another message a woman called Cherie described her love for Veniamin as larger than the ocean.

"My love for you goes deeper than oceans and higher than the sky," the message said.

"All the years we tried to keep away just brought us closer."

Another friend, Chris Orfanidis, described Veniamin as a "true soldier" who was honest and loyal.

None of the messages in today's Herald Sun make reference to revenge or payback, which has been the case after other gangland shootings.

After Melbourne gangster Jason Moran was similarly shot in June last year, promises of revenge and cryptic finger pointing could be seen in the outpourings of grief.

No date for Veniamin's funeral has been announced.

Dominic "Mick" Gatto, 48, yesterday faced Melbourne Magistrates Court charged with murdering Veniamin.

He was remanded in custody to appear at the same court on July 14.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 5:14 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if this was his last meal?
Attached Thumbnails All the girls love a gangsta-pizza_godfather.gif  
Old Mar 26th 2004, 5:17 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr
Wonder if this was his last meal?
What was his footwear?
Old Mar 26th 2004, 5:47 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
What was his footwear?

You've got me there.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 6:03 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr
You've got me there.
Well the Pizza is cheap and there are awful bare footed people
Old Mar 26th 2004, 6:06 am
Karma Comedian

And there's me been trying to work in a pizza/Italian food themed joke into footwear all afternoon