Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds and how easy they are!

Wikiposts

Meds and how easy they are!

Old Mar 20th 2004, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Meds and how easy they are!

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
You need to lose some serious weight, kitten.

Thanks for a great and honest post but time to get down the kilos.

Glad it all went well.

Why not eat less, exercise more.

Not all the fat cats are in the City, eh?

What a `pleasant` posting!!!!!
Old Mar 20th 2004, 4:24 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Aha. I see that nowadays if someone eats too much, doesn't exercise enough and is well obese with a big fat arse, we can't comment on it?

Probably a glandular problem - yeah, right.

Perhaps you sandal-wearers and tree-huggers should reflect on the fact that you'd do more good to the fatarse if you told him/ her to eat less and exercise more, do more good to the alcoholic if you told him/ her to drink less and find more stimulation/ interests elsewhere, do more good to the druggie if you told him/ her to quit and get engaged with society etc etc.

These people are screwing up their lives and a short sharp comment might help them think about their predicament.

Instead of which you want to encourage them in their obesity, alcoholism, drug dependency. Well done.
It never ceases to amaze that people like yourself feel it necessary to "police" others regarding their own personal choice of eating habbits. Referring to overweight individuals as "fat arse" sure gives a measure of your own intelligence and respect towards your fellow man!!

May I suggest Karen has more chance of losing weight than you have of gaining a positive personality bypass!!

I have read your threads and up to now believed you to be a thoroughly decent man. How wrong. Keep your grossly offensive comments to yourself please. They are borish, shallow and offensive and have no place on this forum. Please do no guise this as you "being an honest bloke". This does not wash. Perhaps not such a pleasance family afterall!!!

Well done Karen for your weight loss up to press Keep up the good work. You sound a lovely and honest person with grounded values

Keep it up!

Phoneixuk2oz x

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 20th 2004 at 4:52 am.

Old Mar 20th 2004, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Karen for your informative post... we need posts like this. My meds are due in a fortnight and now I have a much better idea of whats involved.
Well done for the weight loss,
Larissa
Old Mar 20th 2004, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hear! Hear!

Keep up the good work, Karen! You are far from alone!

Old Mar 20th 2004, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by podgypossum
Tell me Nicky... why it baffles you so much?

Lets use a hypothetical situation...

If you had just lost a child in tragic circumstances, would you have the inclination to be worried about squeezing into your jeans???...getting off your arse and into a gym??...hmm?

There are just as many people in this world who eat when they are suffering huge trauma in their life, as those who find they CAN'T eat.
Why do you, and many others presume that everything in life is black and white?

This i only one example of the many reasons why a person may not give a toss about how they look or how healthy they are. The only thing they are guilty of is using food to ease their pain and suffering in other areas of their lives....do they deserve the crap thats thrown at them on top of everything else???

Just because you and others dont turn to food in crisis doesnt make you any more superior...i'm sure theres a good few "thinnies" who sink far too many beers, smoke dope or other substances or unhealthy pastimes to relieve their pressures...the only difference is, we cant see what you've done!!!

No answers...surprise surprise!!
Old Mar 21st 2004, 6:25 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Aha. I see that nowadays if someone eats too much, doesn't exercise enough and is well obese with a big fat arse, we can't comment on it?

Probably a glandular problem - yeah, right.

Perhaps you sandal-wearers and tree-huggers should reflect on the fact that you'd do more good to the fatarse if you told him/ her to eat less and exercise more, do more good to the alcoholic if you told him/ her to drink less and find more stimulation/ interests elsewhere, do more good to the druggie if you told him/ her to quit and get engaged with society etc etc.

These people are screwing up their lives and a short sharp comment might help them think about their predicament.

Instead of which you want to encourage them in their obesity, alcoholism, drug dependency. Well done.

Well hello perfect person.

Why couldn't you have expressed your views with a PM to save embarrasment.
Do not use the excuse for your disgusting comments in the guise of trying to help, or that the person you are insulting is only using their user name and therefore has anomimity. There is no such thing as anonimity on this forum. People on this forum meet up all the time.
For this person you have probably spoilt that.

This person has already lost 2 stone. Hopefully she will see the need to continue to lose weight.

Who's next on your hit list then Smokers, anorexics?

Go and crawl back into your little crevice where you are obviously happiest you snake.

Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:50 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally posted by kaz101
Today we had our meds in Hitchin, Herts with Dr Stanley.
We arrived too early which was just as well since we hadn't filled in the forms!
The first thing we had were the chest x-rays. Since I wore a top without buttons or zips I just had to take off my bra but I didn't have to get any vital bits cold!

Next a nurse took our heights and weight. This isn't something I admit to but height 172cms (approx 5ft 7ins) and weight 100kgs (approx 15st 7lbs and that's after losing weight!).

Next we were shown into the doctors room (after a short weight). Checked our passports, and wrote down a few things. Dr Stanley is lovely and really put us at our ease. We had to touch our toes (which I can't do and he said that's fine), checked ears, eyes (with eye chart) and throat, breathing and heart. Checked my boobs for me, (and looked at hubby while asking him to cough). Checked reflexes, scrapped bottom of our feet, checked that while laying down we could hold up our legs against some force, checked blood pressure and took some blood (for HIV test etc).

It really was incredibly simple. I asked whether he could tell us anything, was there anything that we could be rejected on. He said that obviously he doesn't make those decisions but if there was anything dodgy with our health he would have told us, and my weight could be against me slightly, but he doesn't know how Adelaide deals with that. Really they are looking for anything serious.

From some of the other posts on the expat forum I know that women with a higher BMI than mine have got in, so we're being positive.

To all those (especially PP) who have yet to go through this DON'T WORRY! I spent days working myself up over this, and it really was simple. As soon I get the results I will post them so that you all know how it went.

I'm not fit, I'm overweight, and luckily my blood pressure is normal.

Good Luck to Everyone else!

TTFN,
Karen
great post kaz did the doctor have all the medical records from your doctors. andy midlands
Old Mar 21st 2004, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough

Andy,

The letter that was sent to us from the panel GP said that we only required a letter from our GP if there was anything serious in the last 5 years. Neither of us have had anything wrong in that time so we didn't bother.

On the medical form it does ask about operations and illnesses etc, and my husband had had emergency surgery 10 years ago and we've put that down so maybe DIMIA will want more info on that from our GP. If they do I'm sure they'll request it through our agent.

TTFN,
Karen
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:53 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Hey I know I'm fat - I can get told that from a bunch of kids when I'm walking down the road. Sorry but I really don't need it here too. I didn't put it here to get told I should lose weight - I did it to try to reassure some of the people who may be worried.

Some people find it much harder than others to lose weight.

K.

As a weight loss consultant i think that you sound like a wonderful lady who knows what she needs to do about her weight (dont we all) you will get there it just takes time, your comments about the medical were very welcome.

People who have never been overweight should not judge people who are and it is very offensive to preach to somebody. if you are heading around Brisbane when you emigrate maybe we will bump into each other.

Fact : You can have high blood pressure at normal weight
Fact: You can have high cholorestoral at normal weight

Hurting peoples feelings HURTS!!!!! As my nan used to say Unpleasant Family - If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all!!!! Oh to be perfect like you!!!!

You have made me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 9:22 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Andy,

The letter that was sent to us from the panel GP said that we only required a letter from our GP if there was anything serious in the last 5 years. Neither of us have had anything wrong in that time so we didn't bother.

On the medical form it does ask about operations and illnesses etc, and my husband had had emergency surgery 10 years ago and we've put that down so maybe DIMIA will want more info on that from our GP. If they do I'm sure they'll request it through our agent.

TTFN,
Karen
thanks again kaz, my girl friend had an op about 2 years ago on her legs so they will prob want info on it.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:30 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by podgypossum
What we should remember is, that often those who feel the need to denegrate or abuse others are venting off their own insecurities. Maybe all is not wll in the Pleasance household!!!! (the name doesnt seem to fit him anymore)

What a pompus, know it all asshole he is to presume that HE is doing all fatties a favour...yeah right
PP, for someone who has often stated how much you will not tolerate personal abuse on these forums, you certainly had a pretty good go there yourself.

Whatever Don has said in one wayward thread, he sure as hell deserves a lot more respect on these forums than this.

It's pretty obvious he was just playing - as we've all done from time to time.

Just forum gets more pathetic by the day....

There are heaps of people on here that hurl personal abuse on a daily basis, and yet when Don has a bit of fun he gets called an asshole. He even apologised after a few posts - but you lot wouldn't let it slide - so he retaliated some more.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:43 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

and actually while I'm here, I think I actually agree with the gist Don's comments here!

as I've said before elsewhere, I'm overweight and have been all my life (at some points a lot). (if that's relevant). But I no longer feel insecure about it, because, well there's nothing to feel insecure about.

There are many reasons why someone can be overweight, as PP explained. But, whatever the reasons, there is still only ONE PERSON who controls the situation. And that's the person who's overweight.

yes you can be insecure about - you can be depressed about it - it can be bloody hard to do anything about it. But nothing changes the fact that there is only one person who can do something about it - and it is also true that it is in that persons best interests to do something about it.

Going on about the reasons for being overweight achieves nothing. the point is that they need to do something about it. (which I think, most people on this thread have said they do).

Anyway, I felt the need to support Don's comments - because I happen to agree more him that some of the other posters on this thread. and I'm not drunk at all (although I did have a nice big bowl of chocolate cake and icecream before )
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:54 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The sure way to weight loss: eat only what you grow on your property - commercial farmers excepted.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

Hey I know I'm fat - I can get told that from a bunch of kids when I'm walking down the road. Sorry but I really don't need it here too. I didn't put it here to get told I should lose weight - I did it to try to reassure some of the people who may be worried.

Some people find it much harder than others to lose weight.

K.

yeah - I'm glad they dont have a bald category, I would have failed totally (I look like Michael Klimt)
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

Originally posted by snappy
I'm glad that I know that the majority of people that are migrating to Australia aren't so shallow and small minded idiots otherwise I would be very concerned at moving there or being associated with them.

Before you ask no I am not over weight

Sasha
Nice one, you were doing well till you had to mention that you werent over weight.

PS If you want to see where all the skinny people hang out and stare at eachother then go to Manly Beach on Saturday.

Last edited by wombatboy; Mar 25th 2004 at 10:10 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.