medication???

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation medication???

hi there ,its allison here delboys wife,would love to know what happens with your medication when going through customs ie,
tablets medicines etc
I do have anti depressant tablets, and anti suppressant pills which i do want to take over to oz ,just in case will need them when there later on hopefully not thou
Do you have to declare them, and will they get rid of them
i know how strict they are in oz about drugs,but these are percription drugs.
Last time i visited perth, the airport had sniffer dogs for drugs and food,i had a bag full of baby food .some were opened,and the dog picked this up and the opened food was chucked away.
I do appreciate there rules,and think it should be like this in uk, however i dont want the embarrassment again so wont take if a problem
Please advice
many thanks

allison
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 9:09 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Try this link Allison...

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/text_...id=5&nav_id=22
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 9:10 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

You should be fine so long as you bring the written prescription note with you.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thanks

thanks guys really usefull info, will get letter from gp
,more money now !
docters must earn afortune from these ?
worth it thou to make life simple,
once again thanks
allison
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 10:17 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I took three months worth of several pills through with me in my hand luggage without any problem at all - as they all have apharmacy lable on them with your name and dosage they can see they are prescribed medication. Why spend money on an unnecessary doctors letter?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medication???

Originally posted by delboy
hi there ,its allison here delboys wife,would love to know what happens with your medication when going through customs ie,
tablets medicines etc
I do have anti depressant tablets, and anti suppressant pills which i do want to take over to oz ,just in case will need them when there later on hopefully not thou
Do you have to declare them, and will they get rid of them
i know how strict they are in oz about drugs,but these are percription drugs.
Last time i visited perth, the airport had sniffer dogs for drugs and food,i had a bag full of baby food .some were opened,and the dog picked this up and the opened food was chucked away.
I do appreciate there rules,and think it should be like this in uk, however i dont want the embarrassment again so wont take if a problem
Please advice
many thanks

You could get a letter from your doctor, most charge about £ (rip off I know). I went to bris last Dec with my young son who has diabetes. I had a huge bag full of needles, insulin, and a bag of diabetic sugar, really looked like a bag of cocain,etc. I was a bit worried about the needles so did take a doctors letter. At no point was I asked about the needles and why we had them. She was more concerned about the can of hairspray!
You will be fine.
allison