Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MediCare and English Docs

MediCare and English Docs

Old Aug 6th 2003, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Not had much dealings with the medical side of things here thank goodness but I would like to say that I took my son to see the quack about a "problem" (Pm me if you want the "shitty" details)
that had been ongoing in England for at least 4 years and it took at least half of that to get them to even listen to me in England.
Anyway, Dr was very nice (English actually) and as Loopy said - I was waffling away 10 to the dozen trying to get the history out as quickly as possible. Anyway he took time to listen and referred him for a scan & tested his wee which is something Uk didn't do. (and it was bulk billed - even better)

Ra Ra Ra
Dianne was that really necessary to call the little fella Diane Junior, hes gonna get heaps at school!

Seriously one thing we find with Docs here is that as most Medical Centres are run as Private businesses you get a lot of come back and see me next week! Hardly think a kid with a sore throat or me with a infected cut on my finger needs two check ups. Bit of a scam really.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

His real name is Julie - what's worse????
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Diane

Kids immunisations, you said they needed certificates for school, any idea if it will be a problem not having had their 2nd mmr jab? or do the schools just want to know what they have and havent had?

Lynn
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Well, loopy didn't have to produce hers at all but we did so I don't know which is correct.
My kids haven't had the whooping cough vaccine and nothing was said.
Just think they want to see they've had most of them at least.

cheers
Diane
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Cheers Diane

I wont give it another thought, enough other things to stress over!

Lynn
Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

If you dont have a complicated medical history then not bothering with medical records is one less stress/hassle you can leave off your list I guess but - no matter what doctors/receptionists say as Pollyanna pointed out everyone has a right to a copy of their medical records as per the Data Protection Act and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Girls consider getting your kids the whooping cough needle there was a outbreak of it here last year. Very serious illness. Saw a baby with it, was the most distressing thing to watch.

Also a lot of Council run childcare centres wont take kids who are not fully immunised. Private probably different.