Medicare

Old Jun 10th 2003, 10:15 am
Just Joined

jubounsall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicare

We now have medicare cards and understand this ensures we are covered for immediate hospital and doctor treatment but not dentistry and believe we would need to pay for private cover for this.

Does anybody know of a good insurance company to use that isn't costly per month?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 11:48 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Medicare

Originally posted by jubounsall
We now have medicare cards and understand this ensures we are covered for immediate hospital and doctor treatment but not dentistry and believe we would need to pay for private cover for this.

Does anybody know of a good insurance company to use that isn't costly per month?

Thanks in advance.

www.australianunity.com.au
Old Jun 10th 2003, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicare

Originally posted by jubounsall

Thanks in advance.
What is the point of taking out an insurance policy for dentistry? Why not just pay the dentist at each visist ? 90% of the time this will be cheaper than paying via a third party who have to take their cut out of it.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know where I can get prices for medical procedures. I need to have an endoscope (think thats what it is) for a cartelidge problem on my knee. I had hoped the NHS would do it but time is running out. !!

The reason I need a cost is because its subject to an accident claim and will need to provide it for soilicitor. Also does medicare cover any of it.

And !!! anyone found decent health insurance who is a Diabetic. The costs of insurance here is very high for Diabetics.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you checked that you will be able to claim for treatment carried out electively in another country? Knowing how the system is in this country I wouldn't be at all surprised if they turned round and refused to pay.
Hope it works out anyway.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you checked that you will be able to claim for treatment carried out electively in another country? Knowing how the system is in this country I wouldn't be at all surprised if they turned round and refused to pay.
Claire, this is one of the reasons I want to get a quote, because I know once I am the other side of the planet the buggers will try it on. At least if I have a cost now, I am in a position to argue face to face. I have suggested that when I get a NHS date I could fly back at there expense to get treatment. Not impressed with that idea.

They suggested that I put off going until I have treatment, but again they did not like idea of me billing for cancelled flights, acccomodation there and here.

Seems the borough council love to extract money from you, but when they are negligent they dont like giving it back. They have already admitted liability.