Reload this Page >

Medicals, what to expect?

Wikiposts

Medicals, what to expect?

Old Jun 10th 2004, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Elvis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Re: my husband s knee again, he is actually waiting on another knee op under NHS, will this have any affect. Also when you were filling out your medical forms did you put on every op in the last 10 years? We got a print out from GP which doesn't include ops on BUPA.
Have you got your visa yet?
If not when was your application lodged?
Ours was lodged January & we are front loading meds & pc
Where in Oz are u bound?
Sorry for all questions but you're not that far from us, my gran used to live at Thornton
Regards Katrina
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default All over with now !!!!!!!

Well what was I worrying about?
All over with and all those that went with DR Million you were right he was great especially with the kids, really patient.

Anyway our only worries were that we are a bit overweight; guess it is too much of this

Anyway time to take it easy now and we are just waiting to recieve a file number and then fingers crossed our visa's

See you all in 6 months then!

Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: All over with now !!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dicko
Anyway our only worries were that we are a bit overweight; guess it is too much of this

Don't worry too much about the weight thing. As long as you are generally fit thats all that counts.

I've raised this on another thread but I think its worth repeating to maybe help put a few peoples minds at rest.

I used to do a lot of weight training and bodybuilding but over the years although the muscle is still there, unfortunately there is also now an ample covering of insulation!

My height is 5ft 11" and at the medical I weighed, wait for it ...... just over 20st! :scared:

As a result my BMI was around 40, but Dr Million put a note on the medical stating that I was a "Physically imposing and physically active individual" (I think he must have been affected by my new boxers I had on )

My point is (not to be too flippant) as long as you aren't house bound and can fit through the door at the doctors and you haven't got a kebab in one hand and a pint of beer in the other, you'll be fine!