Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals Requested and a small problem

Medicals Requested and a small problem

Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:13 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals Requested and a small problem

Hi All,
Been away for a couple of days and returned to a huge envelope requesting meds and police checks Whoopeeeee........
Only problem is I rang Hull, Castle Hill hospital to book the meds/xrays and was told they don't do them anymore and havn't for 9 months. I know this is a crock as I read a post a couple of days ago from someone who had just had theirs done there so come on own up who was it. I've searched the forums and found diddly squat Help!!!!!!!
Also I notice not many offer the xrays and meds at the same time/place so if you know of anywhere within 80 miles of Grimsby that will offer the full monty I'd love the address or phone number.
Sean
Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals Requested and a small problem

Originally posted by cresta57
Hi All,
Been away for a couple of days and returned to a huge envelope requesting meds and police checks Whoopeeeee........
Only problem is I rang Hull, Castle Hill hospital to book the meds/xrays and was told they don't do them anymore and havn't for 9 months. I know this is a crock as I read a post a couple of days ago from someone who had just had theirs done there so come on own up who was it. I've searched the forums and found diddly squat Help!!!!!!!
Also I notice not many offer the xrays and meds at the same time/place so if you know of anywhere within 80 miles of Grimsby that will offer the full monty I'd love the address or phone number.
Sean

Cresta,

We also come from the Grimsby area, and had to go to the BUPA Hospital in Hull.
Hubby is just looking up the address and telephone no

Sue
Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

You would have recieved a list of Doctors with your medical forms. There is a Doctor in Hull on the form, who will do the medical and xrays at the BUPA Hospital on the same day. You need to get in touch with Doctors Secretary , not the BUPA Hospital, and she will make you the appointments.
Hubby has thrown the papers away with the name of the Doctor on it, but he thinks the Doctors name begins with R. Sorry, he only cleared out the paperwork this week.

Sue
Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:36 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suzanne crabtre
You would have recieved a list of Doctors with your medical forms. There is a Doctor in Hull on the form, who will do the medical and xrays at the BUPA Hospital on the same day. You need to get in touch with Doctors Secretary , not the BUPA Hospital, and she will make you the appointments.
Hubby has thrown the papers away with the name of the Doctor on it, but he thinks the Doctors name begins with R. Sorry, he only cleared out the paperwork this week.

Sue
Cheers Sue
I rang the number on the list of doctors I recieved today it's the number for castle hill but like I said I got fobbed off by the receptionist.
Sean.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Sean
Hi Sean and Debs

Here is the list

Regards

Terry

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
doctors.pdf (47.6 KB, 2494 views)
Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ring again tomorrow and just ask for the Doctors Secretary, never mind the receptionist.

Sue
Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Dowster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Only problem is I rang Hull, Castle Hill hospital to book the meds/xrays and was told they don't do them anymore and havn't for 9 months. I know this is a crock as I read a post a couple of

Hi Sean,

It's the Nuffield Hospital at Castle Hill. They do x-rays only. Not the Castle Hill hospital. I called the number a couple of weeks ago to discuss x-rays and there was no problem. Medicals are elsewhere.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:49 pm

Ring again tomorrow and just ask for the Doctors Secretary, never mind the receptionist.

Sue
Just checked the list terry posted [thanks mate] and the Doc listed [Rawson] is the one who I was told today had retired 9 months ago. I can only assume he does the odd panel med still. I spoke to the switchboard who transferred me to the receptionist who then transferred me to a clinical manager prehaps I was just unlucky. No wonder there's a shortage of nurses when it takes three people to answer a bloody phone call. I'll try again tommorrow.
Cottingham eh! bloody walking distance you lucky sod.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

If you ring the doctor on the list (in Hull) to book your medicals,
the secretary (Pauline) will ask if you have to have Xrays too. She will then make the appointment for your medicals and book you an appointment at the BUPA Hospital for your Xrays.
The doctor holds a clinic at the Bupa Hospital Mondays and Wednesdays. You will have the Xrays first (pay the bupa hospital)
You will then see the doctor at the same hospital and have your medicals (pay the doctor)
The Xrays are then looked at by the doctor and radiologist, signed off by the doctor, collected by his secretary, and posted to AHC or DIMIA.
Straight up.

Sue
Old Jun 15th 2003, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Nisha007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hello

hello,
I submitted my medicals last month.
I was anxiously waiting to get some good news but unfortunately i got letter to undergo further medical tests because the HAS Sydney is not satisfied.
I am worried a lot.
Is this happening with me or anybody else has undergone this experience.
Pl share this with me
Thanks
Nisha
Old Jun 15th 2003, 2:57 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

If you ring the doctor on the list (in Hull) to book your medicals,
the secretary (Pauline) will ask if you have to have Xrays too. She will then make the appointment for your medicals and book you an appointment at the BUPA Hospital for your Xrays.
The doctor holds a clinic at the Bupa Hospital Mondays and Wednesdays. You will have the Xrays first (pay the bupa hospital)
You will then see the doctor at the same hospital and have your medicals (pay the doctor)
The Xrays are then looked at by the doctor and radiologist, signed off by the doctor, collected by his secretary, and posted to AHC or DIMIA.
Straight up.

Sue

The number for xrays in York is out of date on the form aswell. It changed over 18 months ago so the list is obviously not updated often.
Old Jun 15th 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Sean
Don't waste your time and money with Hull, go to the Duke Medical Center in Sheffield, excellent and they will probably fit your meds in almost right away, they do a lot of OZZY meds ...

So they say,

Good luck, let us know !
Old Jun 15th 2003, 6:17 pm

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Don't waste your time and money with Hull, go to the Duke Medical Center in Sheffield, excellent and they will probably fit your meds in almost right away, they do a lot of OZZY meds ...

So they say,

Good luck, let us know !
Hey,
Funny you should say that but we are going there on Wed and then Thu this week for meds. Had loads of advise and rang around Sheffield weren't the cheapest but they were £300 cheaper than Hull for a family of four. Another plus was they could fit us in this week while we're both on a weeks holiday. Downside was that we have to go 2 days as they couldn't fit us all in around other bookings they already had. The other downside is having to traipse around Meadowhall afterwards!!!!!
Sean
Old Jun 15th 2003, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Fantastic news about the med request, hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Tina