Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals - Previous Back trouble

Medicals - Previous Back trouble

Old Jun 12th 2006, 11:08 am
Not the sharpest tool

Dimwit has a brilliant futureDimwit has a brilliant futureDimwit has a brilliant futureDimwit has a brilliant futureDimwit has a brilliant futureDimwit has a brilliant futureDimwit has a brilliant futureDimwit has a brilliant future
Default Medicals - Previous Back trouble

We had medicals at the weekend and because I had an operation in 1987 to remove a protuding disc in the lower back the Dr insisted that he tick box B not box A on the medical form.

Not sure if i should be concerned about this, if anyone has been in this position please tell me if you had a happy ending.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 11:49 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals - Previous Back trouble

Originally Posted by Dimwit
We had medicals at the weekend and because I had an operation in 1987 to remove a protuding disc in the lower back the Dr insisted that he tick box B not box A on the medical form.

Not sure if i should be concerned about this, if anyone has been in this position please tell me if you had a happy ending.
Dont worry about it at all. Friends of ours have just been through the same thing. The medical board asked for a letter from his employer stating that his work was not restricted by any back problems. As soon as they were happy that he was not restricted the PR was granted within a couple of weeks!

Good luck and dont worry!

Rach xxxx