Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals here...anything to look out for?

medicals here...anything to look out for?

Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light
Default medicals here...anything to look out for?

hi, medical forms just landed on door mat, booked me,wife and 3 girls in @ a cost of £850.00!! cheeky get says they only accept cash! is there anything i need to look out for or ask? thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails medicals here...anything to look out for?-hitman-017a.jpg  
Old Jun 12th 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice
Default Re: medicals here...anything to look out for?

Originally Posted by bu1lder
hi, medical forms just landed on door mat, booked me,wife and 3 girls in @ a cost of £850.00!! cheeky get says they only accept cash! is there anything i need to look out for or ask? thanks in advance.
we did ours last month. there really isnt anything to worry about. and yes we had to pay cash or by four seperate cheques!
the doctor we used was superb. he kept his surgery open late one night to fit us in before our deadline.
where will you be doing your meds?
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

We had ours last Friday in Manchester. It cost £713 for me, The Wife and two kids (I had to have the Hep B and Hep C blood tests too because I have a tattoo!!), including the Xrays and courier fee.

The doctor was fine and there was nothing in the test that you wouldn't expect. We were all done within 2 hours, then we went on a shopping spree because we had budgeted £1000 for the Meds.

There is nothing to worry about!!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

We had ours done this week cost £599 for the meds and £670 for the xrays and blood tests, was for 3 adults and four kids allthough two of the kids had to have the xrays, had to pay one by chq and the other by card.

All straightforward really, tested reflexes, movement, lookes at scars, in yer lug oles, down yer throat, prodded at stomach, made the kids jump and hop.

We had a lovelly retired doc and the nurse who did the weighing and measuring was his wife, even drove my hubby and his daughter to the xray dept cos we were running late.

Dont worry you'll put yer blood pressure through the roof, my hubby had beetroot juice before we went! placebo I reckon!

eve
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Steve G
We had ours last Friday in Manchester. It cost £713 for me, The Wife and two kids (I had to have the Hep B and Hep C blood tests too because I have a tattoo!!), including the Xrays and courier fee.

The doctor was fine and there was nothing in the test that you wouldn't expect. We were all done within 2 hours, then we went on a shopping spree because we had budgeted £1000 for the Meds.

There is nothing to worry about!!
our doc said we didnt have to have the hep tests even though we both have a tattoo. said they had changed the rules recently and you only had to have them if they looked a bit dodgy (homemade etc!)
saved us a few quid!