Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals - Hampshire

Medicals - Hampshire

Old Oct 7th 2004, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Medicals - Hampshire

We are about to book our medicals, can anyone recommend a good doctor from the list (who's within an hour of Southampton).. also I have a three year old and a 4 month old baby, is there a lot involved for children?

Many thanks

Julie
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Wolves2stayup! will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medicals - Hampshire

Originally Posted by JJJHM
We are about to book our medicals, can anyone recommend a good doctor from the list (who's within an hour of Southampton).. also I have a three year old and a 4 month old baby, is there a lot involved for children?

Many thanks

Julie
Hi Julie
We live in Andover and we went to see Dr Goodall, Walnut Tree Surgery, 14 Carlton Road, Southampton he was very nice and humoured our 3 kids when they all asked if they could have their blood taken! Our 3 kids are 10, 8 and 5.

Where are you heading for in OZ?

Sam
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wolves2stayup!
Hi Julie
We live in Andover and we went to see Dr Goodall, Walnut Tree Surgery, 14 Carlton Road, Southampton he was very nice and humoured our 3 kids when they all asked if they could have their blood taken! Our 3 kids are 10, 8 and 5.

Sam
Forgot to say, he's Australian aswell!!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info... nice and local for us!! We are aiming for Brisbane we think!! depends where my husband ends up getting a job.. Where are you going and whats your timeline? ..

Julie
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info... nice and local for us!! We are aiming for Brisbane we think!! depends where my husband ends up getting a job.. Where are you going and whats your timeline? ..

Julie
We are heading for Perth and until about 3 wks ago we were hoping we'd be there by November, but the house fell through and there's been no other interest as yet. What's your timeline and what does your hubby do?

Sam
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

We went to Walnut Tree too and have to say he was great, nothing major, just usual checkup's and he studied in WA too so we had lots to chat about We have three year old and he had brief check over, thats all, did the xrays about hour before doctors appointment at the BUPA hospital in Southampton.

Teresa
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that, it's great to know what we're letting ourselves in for... I am worried about my high BMI... fingers crossed it doesn't become an issue!

Julie
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

He's an accountant, we plan to go mid/late July as there will be a big family party at the begining of July which I don't want to miss... we have just puit our house on the market with a hope to sell then rent for 6 months... scary stuff!!!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

He's an accountant, we plan to go mid/late July as there will be a big family party at the begining of July which I don't want to miss... we have just puit our house on the market with a hope to sell then rent for 6 months... scary stuff!!!

Yep - we went to Dr Goodall @ the Walnut Tree Surgery last Friday. Very nice chap. Did the X Ray at the Bupa hospital. Very efficient. In and out very quickly. Chose that one over the place in Winchester as they only do a couple of afternoons a week I think.

BUPA place takes Credit Cards.
Doctor takes Cheque or Cash.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Medicals - Hampshire

Originally Posted by marco121068
Yep - we went to Dr Goodall @ the Walnut Tree Surgery last Friday. Very nice chap. Did the X Ray at the Bupa hospital. Very efficient. In and out very quickly. Chose that one over the place in Winchester as they only do a couple of afternoons a week I think.

BUPA place takes Credit Cards.
Doctor takes Cheque or Cash.
Looks like Dr Goodall is your man. We went there Wednesday, with our 15 month old. Very nice and efficient!!

Tracy.

Last edited by tabby; Oct 8th 2004 at 12:24 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Hey JJJHM,
There is certainly a doctor in Chichester that carries out the medicals. Got there name from another member and prices. Lets discuss tomorrow, when we all meet up for the Fareham/Hedgeend gossip
Old Oct 8th 2004, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good idea Chris,

Thanks to all of you for your help... there seems to be quite a few of us on the South Coast making the move... good luck everyone!!

Julie

Last edited by JJJHM; Oct 8th 2004 at 4:49 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Donnamarie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wolves2stayup!
Hi Julie

Where are you heading for in OZ?

Sam
We also live in andover (but not for much longer) we had our medicals at dr goodalls surgery too. we have 2 children aged 3 & 9 and are heading for Brisbane!
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck, when are you planning to go and have you decided on a suburb to settle in? we are going to rent before making any major decisions but I suppose with slightly older children you will have to make a call on schooling...

Look forward to hearing how you get on..

Julie